Get your very own personalised Fir Park Messages gifts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doubting Thomases

re: Doubting Thomases

I know this isn't a grammar forum but it's nice to see someone else gets a wee bit uptight about the misuse of apostrophes. Come on ye Well !!!

Quote Originally Posted by firparkloony
    ... ...I'm just the complainer!
    wrong again. You're an a55hole.

2nd spot SPL would be great purely for financial SPL reward
    Care not a jot of Europe .. as we'll get pumped (again) against unknown opposition one must Wiki to determine from where

Quote Originally Posted by blackie1204
    I know this isn't a grammar forum but it's nice to see someone else gets a wee bit uptight about the misuse of apostrophes. Come on ye Well !!!
    The difference between being educated at Dalziel or attending Braidhurst

Congratulations to all at Motherwell Football Club on qualifying for Europe once again.
    This page is for our entertainment and Lawsteel always has very entertaining posts.Regardless if you like or agree with him,his posts are always well thought out and to the point.Yes most of the time they are on the negative side but that is his prerogative and as someone else said if we were always happy clappie it would be boring here. I personally think that Stuart McCall has been an excellent Manager considering our finances,yes there are games we should have won but thats Football. I am sure Stuart will move on to greener pastures and when he does I wish him all the luck and hope we can find someone good to replace him.

You're partially correct, though only when talking about the use of our apostrophe friend in nouns. In the case of a pronoun, it's a different matter, and the more acceptable version (when pluralisation occurs), is widely recognised in Academia circles as s's and not ses.
    For more information please read my book "The Idiots Guide To Using The Apostrophe". Now, should there be one in the title of the book?

The most offensive comment in the whole of this wide ranging acceptablyd post is the uses of the term Thomas's! THOMAS'S whit? This term refers to something belonging to THOMAS!
    This worldwide disease of people using APOSTROPHES in PLURALS is almost as outrageous as Stuart McCall's team selection v Albion Rovers.
    However, congratulations wee Stuarty and your players on yet another over achieving league season. Best post war managerial win percentage, I believe.
    Congratulations Dan Twardzik on possibly becoming the most statistically successful goalkeeper in the club's history!
    WELL 'DON' LADS. 3RD PLACE WILL DO FOR ME! (but I'll take 2nd if you insist) ha ha.

Deliberate grammatical error in first line before anybody comments. lol.

Well done guys at the end of the season the table never lies ... Some effort ths. Yr . Aft losing ***** players

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadeechee1967
    Well done guys at the end of the season the table never lies ... Some effort ths. Yr . Aft losing ***** players
    Cheers mate.
    Your exciting young team deserves tangible reward this season. Good luck in the final.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12