+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FA lost the plot?

FA lost the plot?

This is going to make interesting reading:

"The review also calls for a ban on non-EU layers outside of the top flight."

Not sure what Pogba would say about that... - view external link

re: FA lost the plot?

Dario is on that committee and so must have agreed with all the proposals.

Its actually long overdue really as what was it around 18 English players in the whole of the PL?

It will be a boost for the Conference teams that will play the PL B teams but the age limit is 21. So that is where lots of the scouts will gather.

Not sure it makes any difference to our current academy set up though. Agree that players like Pogba will not be allowed to player outside the PL and maybe that's a good thing as maybe its too easy using loan players, many of which are no better than our own. Also the limit on loanees too as some clubs were over using that facility.

So don't think thee FA have lost the plot as something needs doing.

Maybe I would have some of our Academy players playing in the New third division but that won't be possible under the new set up. Do we play PL academy teams now? Because they will be looking to play in the new league 3 within the age group limit.

It will be interesti

Can't see how they ban non EU players outside the top flight.

What happens if a top flight teams get relegated with non EU players with one,two,three years left on on their contracts?

That's OK but you're going to stop any teams already in the Championship signing non EU players?

A legal challenge waiting to happen, restraint of trade etc.

That part of the proposal seems particularly ill conceived.

Yeah I agree something should be 'done' by the FA else continue England's miserable spiral into national mediocrity, but I think banning non EU players is farcical.

Blanket prohibition tends not to work. Sure, short term gains can be made, but only until people find a way around the system, or until the big boys bend the system to fit their own agendas.

Better to encourage by incentive, IMO.

How about TV rights money distributed on a per-home-grown-player basis?

It certainly would affect Pogs (and in the past Rodders, Ince, Bankole and Efe to but 4). However, as non EU players have to have played at least half (I think) of their countries internationals over the past year to get clearance to play in the UK already it won't have a very dramatic affect on League 1 and below.

The case of Efe and his multitude of brothers could throw up an interesting court case, however, as they were resident in England long before they became pro footballers. The same might be true of Pogs who was resident in France long before he played for the Alex and long before he represented Guinea. As his brother plays for France, does this make one or other of them EU and one non-EU? Something for Mr Dyke to ponder on.

[quote="MikeSB"]Dario is on that committee and so must have agreed with all the proposals.

Its actually long overdue really as what was it around 18 English players in the whole of the PL?

It will be a boost for the Conference teams that will play the PL B teams but the age limit is 21. So that is where lots of the scouts will gather.

Not sure it makes any difference to our current academy set up though. Agree that players like Pogba will not be allowed to player outside the PL and maybe that's a good thing as maybe its too easy using loan players, many of which are no better than our own. Also the limit on loanees too as some clubs were over using that facility.

So don't think thee FA have lost the plot as something needs doing.

Maybe I would have some of our Academy players playing in the New third division but that won't be possible under the new set up. Do we play PL academy teams now? Because they will be looking to play in the new league 3 within

Farcical proposal really just the FA pandering to the premiership really, allow there reserve teams to get competitive football at our expense. I can see why the premiership clubs like it so much, but apart from nothing what do we get out of it. What is the point of playing teams with no fan base.

It seems to me that its all to the benefit of the premiership clubs, but Dyke cannot explain how he is going to get more English players playing regular football in the premiership. It seems they will still be allowed to carry on as they are and bring players in from abroad. Until that issue is addressed nothing will change.

The problem for the England team lay squarely at the door of the premiership and Scudamore in particular. The premiership will agree to any proposal that benefits them and then turn around and say the England team is so dire because of the football league and therefore the football league must be reformed. Its the premiership that needs to be reformed but they are too

For me, they have lost the plot - definitely!
    Read a comment this afternoon, (don't think it was on here ...?!!), which said:
    What happens to a B team that wins the Championship if the A team in the Premier League is relegated? - rewarded with a relegation of their own?
    Nonsense!

(I suppose they could swap squads so that the B team takes their place in only ... although if the A squad was that good, they wouldn't have been relegated in the first place!)

Dario was probably the only one on that committee that understand how to bring the better players through and although we have only the headlines, its possible that the academy type structure is dealt with within the recommendations. I would be surprised if there isn't as what then the point of having DG on it?

The PL gets what? A billion pounds a year and yet virtually none or very little is passed down to the lower leagues in order to develop the youngsters like we do and there is something drastically wrong when we have to virtually fund all that out of our own money without help from the PL or FA.

How many foreign players are at ManCity who no doubt will be congratulated on their winning the PL? The really hard job is getting success like we do and have done and other clubs as well.

As said, its the PL that dictates everything and can't see that changing anytime soon.

You may have seen an earlier post of mine asking for the lower league clubs to play throughout the summer and

Just to add that what's the point of doing all this anyway when they have players like Nick Powell not being given a chance OR even being on the bench. I read that two 18 year old's scored for ManU last week. Forgot thes but why them and not NP?

Mind you, I did watch NP playing against Blackpool on the FL show and God, his shooting has gone down hill..

Maybe he has gone to seed a bit by all the hype and being sidelined?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast