+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Seasons Kit

Next Seasons Kit

Link below,look pretty good. - view external link

re: Next Seasons Kit

I love that home kit. The away is nice, but that home kit is lovely.

Looking at the close up, I do like the texture that the away kit has on the front.

The only thing I don't like about them is the yellow Carbrini logo that sits somewhere around the crotch

IMO home kit consists of too much (loser) white, (black shorts would of helped) away kit looks good though.

I bet they cost a mint. I don't know how folk afford them every season. Never had this problem back in my day. When the Alex played in red shorts in the 60's, I actually dyed a pair of white shorts, only they turned out pink. Never bothered wearing those.

Quote Originally Posted by crewebacca
    IMO home kit consists of too much (loser) white, (black shorts would of helped) away kit looks good though.
    On the contrary, two of our promotions have been achieve in red shirts, white sleeves and white shorts. Dario's first in 88/89 (the adidas 'Bass' shirt) and in 2002/03 (the reebok LC Charles shirt).

The 2002/03 team in my opinion, is the best Crewe side ever. It included Ashton, Hulse, Jones, Jack, Brammer, Vaughan, Lunt, D Wright, Foster and Ince. We came second to wigan and edged out QPR and Cardiff for the automatic spot. Cardiff went up through the play-offs. Oh, those were the days.

I'm with those that don't like all the white over the shoulder. Would prefer the blue one but all red.

My favourite kit, and the only one I ever bought, was the red Boldon James sponsored kit from, oh I don't know when but I'm sure someone will remember!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    My favourite kit, and the only one I ever bought, was the red Boldon James sponsored kit from, oh I don't know when but I'm sure someone will remember!
    That narrows it down, they were only our sponsors for about 20 years.

*dramatisation*

My apologies, Renegade, you're (almost!) right, they were sponsors for longer than I remembered; must be a senior moment! Apparently their first season was 1991-92 (and that's the shirt I was referring to) until 1997-98, when Elsie Charles took over.

I seem to recall that Boldon James also had their splattered across the bird crap shirt as well

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    Apparently their first season was 1991-92 (and that's the shirt I was referring to) until 1997-98, when Elsie Charles took over.

I remember that one.
    Identical in all but sponsor's from the previous season, (i.e.: Synchro Systems).
    I have both - they just don't fit my "broad" frame any more!

Anyone own a shadow-striped Le Coq Sportif all red home top from the early eighties? The then sponsors,County Glass,could hardly be picked out on the shirts from any distance as the lettering was in black.Did that firm a fat lot of good as apparently they went bust!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast