+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Falkirk v Queens Second Leg (1-2)

re: Falkirk v Queens Second Leg (1-2)

Quote Originally Posted by BigIain
    New Bazaar bus going and a few others ( myself who normally would go on New Bazaar bus ) driving.

Certainly agree this is a hard one to call.

Falkirk are an excellent young team who shift the ball very quickly.

I think we have to go for a goal rather than sit back.

With Reilly and Paton out this could be a big game at some point for Danny Carmichael who will play at some point and be called upon to take pressure off the defence.

Worth bearing in mind that Falkirk will be more than aware that they can't afford to lose a goal too.

Really looking forward to this.

Hope it finishes in normal time as Mrs. BigIain and me are due at a wedding reception at 7 pm.
    You could well be late for the wedding reception!!

Could be - looks like I'll miss the bus running to it so have a contingency plan.

The brides mother and father are season ticket holders and are missing the match.

Weddings !

The bride and groom are so selfish...it's all them, them, them !

[quote="aloreburn"]Who's all heading up to Falkirk this Saturday ?

Only 5 of us Mersey men up for the cup, but are bringing "Lucky Alan" with us who is the only one of the branch to see Queens win at Falkirk, and what a win 3-0 to The Doonhamers.

Is it a flag day out and will the large banners be on show. Mon the South

" You have to attack. Your asking to get beat if you sit back and defend"
    Forgotten Liverpool v Chelsea a couple of weeks ago? I think Queens should also do a "Chelsea" on Saturday, sit back, frustrate them, and hit them on the break ...

sorry Lord I'm with Snail on this one.

Defending like that for 90 minutes is asking for trouble and a big ask not to concede, especially if your not used to playing that way. You require quite a bit of luck for it to work as well. We don't have Terry/Cahill at the back and Mourinho as our coach!

If I was the manager I would say treat this as a one off game that we want to win and put the 2-1 to the back of our mind (at least until 80 minutes are on the clock!). Maybe THEN we can think about defending our 1 goal lead, presuming we are still a goal up!

I agree. Suicidal to sit back . We wouldn't be able to do that succesfully for a long period and should treat this as a cup tie at nil nil. McIntyre says in his podcast that we are not going to sit back . I hope Mitchell is not missed too much as I really rate the guy . Cool , classy player and am glad he plays for us .

SPFL Story here - view external link

Sitting back soaking up pressure is fine if you have the defence to do so and you have players with pace who can hit on the break. Dont think our defence is stong enough for that. Play to your strenghts i say.

Time for the management team to earn their crust.Obviously Mitchell will be a miss from our settled defence and his set pieces which have again brought ump**** goals.Hooper might just be too inexperienced and Kidd looks to me more of an attacking player.I think Burnsy will have to be very disciplined in front of his full back.
    I agree with others to treat it as a one off game.We could lose our goal advantage after 30 seconds so we must have an attacking plan.Russell seems to thrive on these bigger games and could be our main threat.We need more from Lyle i hope he has rested up after Tuesday and that Bob McHugh takes his form on.
    We must believe.Come on Queens.

This tie is still firmly in the balance.

Hopefully we can take a big travelling support and give good backing to the team.

The first goal could prove to be very important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)