+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One more push - Aberdeen on Sunday

re: One more push - Aberdeen on Sunday

A repeat of the Boxing day result will do nicely. It's not Barcelona we're playing. Mon the 'Well

The target they need to aim for is 70 points, whether it's Aberdeen or anyone else.
    Just get your match head on lads and enjoy the challenge!

We have the ability in our team to beat aberdeen, but i think we have just run out of steam. Going by the last few games, hanging on in the second half of games, i think some of the player's are maybe carrying wee knocks and not doing to much training during the week and it's now beginning to tell. The last couple of games the player's have looked out on their feet with 20 minutes to go. Our best chance is if the games still level late on and we can snatch a winner that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    YES WE CAN dont like to sound like bob the builder and people come on here every week supporting the lawman but i really do get fed up with his negativety and yes i rise to the bait as everyone allowed their opinions but no supporter in the land takes his team to get beat every single week. You look at his predictions every week and cant remember last time he took us to win thats why i dont believe anything he says as if he had AA?100 free bet every week to you honestly think he would always put it on the opposition. I think we mkight possibly fail to win on sunday but its not a definate you need a ticket to win lotto and we have gained our ticket for sunday by picking up points all season and although i fear something will go against us we can do it. We have to believe it is possible and the day i am as certain as the Lawman that we will lose i will give up as no matter who we play i always have hope.
    Right okay.

I don't think w

It's the last game of the season and has gone right down to the wire. Given the turn over of players we had and the injuries to playing staff it is remarkable that we are in contention for 2nd spot. I hope we get a win on Sunday, it would be quite a climax to the season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I find it incredible how negative some people are towards a team that they apparently love.

We've finished in top 3 for the last 3 seasons and some fans still aren't happy and always look on the glum side.

Thankfully the happy clappies have had many more correct predictions than the harbingers of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by biffy
    Thankfully the happy clappies have had many more correct predictions than the harbingers of doom.
    I completely share this view because that means that our club is doing well and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

Regardless of whether anyone thinks that we will or won't do well is completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things when it comes down to what actually happens. The reality there of course is that it matters not a jot whether A thinks we will win 90% of our games while B thinks we will lose 90%, what ACTUALITY happens is the only thing that matters. And...if we've done well and achieved our aims or indeed exceeded them then the support, be they be of the 'happy clappy' or 'negative ******' persuasion will BOTH be absolutely delighted because at the end of the day they are Motherwell supporters regardless.

well hear I go lawsteelman Aberdeen are only 1 point in front so that says were not far of them plus the papers go on about Dundee unt and were 9 points in front so our players cant be that bad celtic are a far better team than Aberdeen and we played very well to get a point of them so I don't think its thate one sided ohhh and I don't wana hear any ****e about spelling or gramer I left school 45 years ago lol

I don't think lawsteelman's post is negative in any way. You can't really argue with the points he's made. Yes he does look at most games from the glass half empty side of things, but in his last post he makes some moot points.

I'll be Mr Spock for a minute ...
    Logically speaking, we have the ability and resource to score a goal, or even 2. On the flip side of that coin, we're likely to concede more goals than we score. Therefore, the probabilities of winning the game Captain, are less than the probabilities of losing. In summation, it'd appear the bookmakers will be correct in their judgement ... that being, the Sheep will finish runners up to the Unclean.
    Set phasers to getting pished and celebrating regardless !!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)