+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: One more push - Aberdeen on Sunday

re: One more push - Aberdeen on Sunday

[quote="bheron" don't back that up. We have won 21 games to their 20.Only Celtic have won more than Motherwell. I know we have struggled from time to time but this is an excellent achievement.[/quote]

They have picked up more points than us to date so to date they have been better than us. In every head to head game they have been the better team sure they have had some shocking referee assists against us but frankly all that did was ensure they got what their play against us was meriting.

If we win tomorrow we will have the second best team in the league , if we lose we will have the 3rd best team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by "steviex" don't back that up. We have won 21 games to their 20.Only Celtic have won more than Motherwell. I know we have struggled from time to time but this is an excellent achievement.[/quote

They have picked up more points than us to date so to date they have been better than us. In every head to head game they have been the better team sure they have had some shocking referee assists against us but frankly all that did was ensure they got what their play against us was meriting.

If we win tomorrow we will have the second best team in the league , if we lose we will have the 3rd best team in the league.
    It's always interesting reading this board. I agree with the last post.

Of course Motherwell can win tomorrow. They've already won at Pittodrie and we've lost to much worse teams this season.

I hope and

Aye, that's not unfair. But I think - and this is either through poor conditioning as some suggest, or the sum of our injury problems over the season - we're clearly blowing out our backsides right now.

As said elsewhere, whoever finishes with most points deserves to be second from us and Aberdeen but my impression is they've been more solid than we have and 'deserve' it more. They've maybe had some bad days but nothing compared to the absolute horror shows we occasionally throw in. We've taken advantage of other teams opening the door for us a lot - which I'm delighted with - but despite the superior results, I don't think the actual quality of this side matches that of the last two years.

However, regardless of how we got to where we are, the players do deserve credit. Given how we always throw away good cup opportunities, it is at least something that we've seized them in the league in recent years.

I think what has been said here sums up the beauty of football. That the team on paper who should win don't always get a result, rather it's the team who maximise their potential and give the best performance on the day. If motherwell come together tomorrow and work as an effective unit with no basic errors. There is every chance of a victory.
    I struggle to remember a game this season, bar the most recent Celtic one, where the whole 90mins was a good performance. Far too many times in the final 20mins the team go into backs to the wall mode. Which is crazy and self defeatist. They must try to own a game, retain possession, frustrate the opponent and stamp their authority instead of lining up with an eight man defence!

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rw3ll
    I think what has been said here sums up the beauty of football. That the team on paper who should win don't always get a result, rather it's the team who maximise their potential and give the best performance on the day. If motherwell come together tomorrow and work as an effective unit with no basic errors. There is every chance of a victory.
    I struggle to remember a game this season, bar the most recent Celtic one, where the whole 90mins was a good performance. Far too many times in the final 20mins the team go into backs to the wall mode. Which is crazy and self defeatist. They must try to own a game, retain possession, frustrate the opponent and stamp their authority instead of lining up with an eight man defence!
    The thing that jumps out from your post is the posession quote that is so true. I cannot remember a Motherwell team for many a year that is so Chronically bad at that very aspect of the game. Christ knows why

Gonads intact... yfb. Craig Reid give that man a contract.

Never in doubt. Ahem.

Stroll in the sand

Never mind a contract...Give him the freedom of motherwell...That was magic...

Quote Originally Posted by neillyboy
    A repeat of the Boxing day result will do nicely. It's not Barcelona we're playing. Mon the 'Well
    ...and lo and behold. Get in there Motherwell. Brilliant result and huge congratulations on finishing second. COYW

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)