+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pathetic crowd

re: Pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_wafc
    There was about 7,000 in the East Stand, 5,000 in the West Stand and about 1,500-2,000 in the South Stand with 3,500 in the QPR end.

There were about 14,500 tickets sold before the match, so it seems as though pay on the gate haven't been added on.

That would make it about 17,000 which looked about right looking at the stands and considering the Stadium holds 25,000. Absolutely no way was there over 10,000 empty seats.
    Its total ********... there was 14,500 tickets sold and thats what it was based on ... not included are all the cash on the night payers of around 3,000..
    dont forget QPR get a share of the gate ... and we pocket around Ai 60,000 in cash ..
    we also had 16,000 home fans on for the game against Blackpool.. didnt seem much difference to that to be honest .

It clearly was more than 14 but I wish it had been three less. The 3 brain deads sitting behind me in the East Stand talked about the Rugby for 30 mins and spent the rest slagging off any player who made a mistake. I'd have paid double to have avoided them.

Quote Originally Posted by arjan
    It clearly was more than 14 but I wish it had been three less. The 3 brain deads sitting behind me in the East Stand talked about the Rugby for 30 mins and spent the rest slagging off any player who made a mistake. I'd have paid double to have avoided them.
    There are a lot of those Arjan and not all are rugby fans. We have a couple of guys behind us in East stand who threaten to leave every time the opposition dare to get over the half way line. I reminisce positively about the Springfield Park days when fans were realistic but still very passionate and knowledgable

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_wafc
    There was about 7,000 in the East Stand, 5,000 in the West Stand and about 1,500-2,000 in the South Stand with 3,500 in the QPR end.

There were about 14,500 tickets sold before the match, so it seems as though pay on the gate haven't been added on.

That would make it about 17,000 which looked about right looking at the stands and considering the Stadium holds 25,000. Absolutely no way was there over 10,000 empty seats.
    No way was there 1500-2000 in the south stand. If the stand holds 5500 when full then each block of seats holds about 1000. From where I was I would say that the entire crowd in there could have fitted into 1 block.
    In the East stand ES1 is kept empty & I think there's netting covering ES10 as well so you can probably knock 1000 of its 8000 capacity straight away and there were empty seats in that stand (admittedly not many). In the west the 2 end sections were virtually, if not completely) empty so again that i

At AŁ20 a ticket what a joke if we was in the playoffs we would have to pay AŁ32 and the turf would of been full and for those who keep banging on about average home attendances we get let's not forget it's a lot more expensive for us than Wigan

We have always been a bigger club and that's that
    We took 5k to Wigan you lot took 1800

We took 35k to Wembley you lot took 15k simples

I hope you do win the playoffs good luck eggchasers

For what it's worth I wouldn't get too hung up about the attendance issue. It's something that has been thrown at Burnley all season. There is no doubt that ticket costs have been an issue for some during the season, and some attendances have been disappointing. However it's been the team that brought us success, something a lot of trolls have failed to recognise, regardless of bigger gates. Hopefully you get through and join us in the Prem, and if you do it will be deserved, good luck

you are not a bigger club than us you idiot you still get sh it support and you had a great season

Quote Originally Posted by rossendaleareaclaret
    At AA?20 a ticket what a joke if we was in the playoffs we would have to pay AA?32 and the turf would of been full and for those who keep banging on about average home attendances we get let's not forget it's a lot more expensive for us than Wigan

Always been a bigger club? Times change, look at the last decade, the last 9 seasons, 8 of them we've had bigger average attendances. We've had 8 years in the Premier League, compared to your 1. We've won the FA Cup and made a League Cup final, we've played in Europe. Burnley in the past have always been a bigger club, but I think over the last decade we've surpassed you whether you like it or not. But that pendulum over the next few years could swing back in Burnleys favour.

In the e

You've been to Wembley 1 time. We've been 4 times in the past year.

Once are you sure ?????

Quote Originally Posted by rossendaleareaclaret
    At Ai20 a ticket what a joke if we was in the playoffs we would have to pay Ai32 and the turf would of been full and for those who keep banging on about average home attendances we get let's not forget it's a lot more expensive for us than Wigan

Bigger club than us how do you work that out?? Is it the less fans you take to games than us or is it the fact you aint won **** for years that you think makes you bigger than us. You are a small club who has got your fifth**** mins of fame next year when you play in the prem again, but wont be able to stay their for to long, due to the fact you are ****.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)