+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your'e the owner

re: Your'e the owner

Quote Originally Posted by gill1948
    Sorry Herbie but unless Sullivan is a hypocrite he must do the right thing and let him go. His pay off will be offset by the season ticket renewals - believe me as one of them its a fact

I was actually thinking something along those lines the other day. I was wondering how many would gladly accept a ST price rise if it meant getting rid of Samantha. As i cant attend matches i would gladly send a donation.

And would i get rid instead of taking a gamble. Well you could be taking a gamble just keeping on to him for the sake of his reputation of never being relegated in a full season. Yes we stayed up this time, and lets be honest we had a fair bit of luck, but luck runs out.

For those that like stats we stayed up with less points than we gained the season before, and if it werent for luck we could have been in the do. Life is a gamble, and looking at the way we have been going i think it more of a gamble to keep hold of him.

I

I guess if most of us had been the owners we wouldn't have needed Allardyce in the first place.

The reasoning behind that thinking is that being sensible people we would not have appointed Avram Grant, not been relegated and therefore not have needed someone to sh1t sort.

That said, if I took over West Ham tomorrow it would be thanks and cheerio.

I think the bfs has been extremely lucky not to have added relegation to his cv this season (Hull, February etc). There is no divine right to say he will not get us relegated next season any more than a multitude of other managers. And there is nothing to say another manager will not be able to keep us up. Every thing at this stage though is hypothetical.
    If I owned the club I would move heaven and earth to get Benetiz. He has the experience, won trophies at a higher level and, imo, would take us to the next level and beyond. Even pundits have said Chelsea were better under Benetiz than Mourinho. It could be an attractive option for him to build his team and lead us into the new stadium.
    Only concern I have is the way the bfs leaves clubs set up that relegation follows when he leaves.
    Last point I will say on bfs is when he was at Bolton, our games with them were the ones I least looked forward to during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgymike
    I think the bfs has been extremely lucky not to have added relegation to his cv this season (Hull, February etc). There is no divine right to say he will not get us relegated next season any more than a multitude of other managers. And there is nothing to say another manager will not be able to keep us up. Every thing at this stage though is hypothetical.
    If I owned the club I would move heaven and earth to get Benetiz. He has the experience, won trophies at a higher level and, imo, would take us to the next level and beyond. Even pundits have said Chelsea were better under Benetiz than Mourinho. It could be an attractive option for him to build his team and lead us into the new stadium.
    Only concern I have is the way the bfs leaves clubs set up that relegation follows when he leaves.
    Last point I will say on bfs is when he was at Bolton, our games with them were the ones I least looked forward to during the season.
    Good p

Quote Originally Posted by dodgymike
    I woul

yes, i think he would 69

he'd be paid more, have more transfer bunce and have massive exposure in one of the most iconic stadiums on the planet

Quote Originally Posted by WHU
    yes, i think he would 69

he'd be paid more, have more transfer bunce and have massive exposure in one of the most iconic stadiums on the planet
    I think we're being a tad optimistic in thinking Benitez would come to us.

I'd take 'Arry back in a heartbeat.

Although I love Harry as a lovable rouge, even after going to N19 and for the past events with us (Bonds, Bungs etc), I still think both for us and him...never go back.

I hope we are waiting to see who is available over the next 10 days and maybe see whether there is an scope to get rid of the fat man without the full compensation, or make it so difficult for him that he doesnt want to continue. Mind you, if we make it so difficult and impose transfer restrictions, he will walk (as did Curbs) and we will end up with a compromise agreement, probably as bad as just paying him off.

He seems obsessed by never having been sacked on his CV, but he was sacked by WBA, Blackpool and Blackburn, plus "mutual agreement" departures from Bolton and Newcastle. As a soon to be OAP, no surprise he wont resign.

Hopefully we will bite the bullett (which would be my choice) and get rid now, as its no worse than another bad signing by him. I'd rather clear the deadwood of players out now, some quite

[quote="1Greeno"]Although I love Harry as a lovable rouge, even after going to N19 and for the past events with us (Bonds, Bungs etc), I still think both for us and him...never go back.

I hope we are waiting to see who is available over the next 10 days and maybe see whether there is an scope to get rid of the fat man without the full compensation, or make it so difficult for him that he doesnt want to continue. Mind you, if we make it so difficult and impose transfer restrictions, he will walk (as did Curbs) and we will end up with a compromise agreement, probably as bad as just paying him off.

He seems obsessed by never having been sacked on his CV, but he was sacked by WBA, Blackpool and Blackburn, plus "mutual agreement" departures from Bolton and Newcastle. As a soon to be OAP, no surprise he wont resign.

Hopefully we will bite the bullett (which would be my choice) and get rid now, as its no worse than another bad signing by him. I'd rather clear

Lets face it Benitez is the dream and like others have said would take us to the next level. He would be worth every penny, plays beautiful football, attracts great players and has a proven record in the premier league and elsewhere. Sadly I think it's highly unlikely he would come to us and Totscum or Newcastle would probably nab him before we do. However there is hope... apparently he may be keen to return to England because thats where his wife Montse is still living. So if the other two don't and we get rid of fat sam, it's definitely worth an enquiry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)