+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pretty gutted its QPR

re: Pretty gutted its QPR

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles
    My mate had a dream we lost to them 1-0...and Martin died!!!

Now that's pessimism!
    I had a dream once when I was younger that my Dad bought me a nice bright 'Magnum PI red' Ferrari and Michelle Pfeiffer was my girlfriend. But when I woke up I was still single and my old beat up Fiat 127 was still parked on the drive.

Since then I tend not to take much notice of dreams for some reason!

5-1 Derby!!! Their old defence won't cope.

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyCountyMad
    Probably more chance of me hooking up with Pfeiffer but I like you're thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    I know everyone will just say this is me being a pessismist and thats a fair cop, but i'm convinced we'll get beat. If we got wigan id have been worried but hopeful, i just don't see us beating QPR. Too many top class players that just need to win one game to get back to the big time. I can see the 'plucky old Derby how unlucky' headlines already. Hope im wrong.
    I keep saying the same! QPR have big game players. They proved that against Wigan when they needed to pull it out the bag they did.

A one off game the advantage falls to them!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    I know everyone will just say this is me being a pessismist and thats a fair cop, but i'm convinced we'll get beat. If we got wigan id have been worried but hopeful, i just don't see us beating QPR. Too many top class players that just need to win one game to get back to the big time. I can see the 'plucky old Derby how unlucky' headlines already. Hope im wrong.
    I keep saying the same! QPR have big game players. They proved that against Wigan when they needed to pull it out the bag they did.

A one off game the advantage falls to them![/quote]

Good so you're saying we're the underdogs, that should put the pressure on them, especially with their massive debt. Derby will walk it!

West Brom were the clear favourites in 2006/07.

They had the 'better' players apparently, the more experience where it was needed.

Didn't look like it on the day though.

QPR did well to get the edge in a very close game at Loftus Road but if Wigan had scored that chance in the second half (which they should have and nearly did) then I doubt QPR would be in the final.

Instead they got back into it with a penalty and the momentum of that with home advantage got them over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondo
    Probably more chance of me hooking up with Pfeiffer but I like you're thinking.[/quote]

I remember seeing someone say (can't remember who) that nobody should expect the Brighton game to have a difference of 4 or 5 goals in the aggregate score and it will be really close. No reason why one team won't come out blazing and win by four goals, although I agree that it won't happen. Play-off finals are often very tight affairs.

Since Watford beat Leeds 3-0 in 2006, there's only been one game where the winning margin was by more than a single goal (Swansea beat Reading 4-2 in 2011).

Fair point that and do you think we would profit from going out from the kickoff and attacking them?

If we or they went 2 nil up quickly would the leading team carry on attacking?

It has merrit that unless a team collapses or has a number of players sent of it would remain close.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)