+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: "buried"

re: [no subject]

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative_Poster
    Is there a link to Ipsis Mori's admission of the existence of the poll, or any other links to folk admitting its existence, rather than SNP politicos saying 'publish this secret poll that is supposed to exist'?

"The U.K. government is waking up to the fact that it is losing control of the debate over Scottish independence and needs to come up with more convincing proposals to sway voters, two government officials said.

Private polling conducted on behalf of the government suggests support for independence in Scotland is growing irrespective of the arguments advanced by Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservatives, his Liberal Democrat coalition partner and the opposition Labour Party, said the officials, who asked not to bed because the government discussions are private."

DITA, Whilst I fully respect your opinions on this as you have a direct stake in this particular issue,As a serving soldier you have based all your arguments on the armed forces. An independent Scotland is based on a much wider philosophy. again with respect I feel you are using a very narrow argument. The SDF will have a bigger budget than is currently spent on Scottish Forces, it will not be involved in illegal wars, it may have a union flag as part of its colours but it may also have the Saltire, to be honest I don't care. It's part of the history and we all have to live with our historical past. As for saluting the Union Flag , that is a ridiculous argument, serving soldiers on active duty will salute the flag of any foreign nation, you just have to watch March pasts in foreign lands when we leave after having invaded them. My interpretation of the British/Scottish argument was that, if individual soldiers wanted to remain with the British army, they could, and if someone wants to

[quote="stewarty27"]DITA, Whilst I fully respect your opinions on this as you have a direct stake in this particular issue,As a serving soldier you have based all your arguments on the armed forces. An independent Scotland is based on a much wider philosophy. again with respect I feel you are using a very narrow argument. The SDF will have a bigger budget than is currently spent on Scottish Forces, it will not be involved in illegal wars, it may have a union flag as part of its colours but it may also have the Saltire, to be honest I don't care. It's part of the history and we all have to live with our historical past. As for saluting the Union Flag , that is a ridiculous argument, serving soldiers on active duty will salute the flag of any foreign nation, you just have to watch March pasts in foreign lands when we leave after having invaded them. My interpretation of the British/Scottish argument was that, if individual soldiers wanted to remain with the B

[quote="DITA"]DITA, Whilst I fully respect your opinions on this as you have a direct stake in this particular issue,As a serving soldier you have based all your arguments on the armed forces. An independent Scotland is based on a much wider philosophy. again with respect I feel you are using a very narrow argument. The SDF will have a bigger budget than is currently spent on Scottish Forces, it will not be involved in illegal wars, it may have a union flag as part of its colours but it may also have the Saltire, to be honest I don't care. It's part of the history and we all have to live with our historical past. As for saluting the Union Flag , that is a ridiculous argument, serving soldiers on active duty will salute the flag of any foreign nation, you just have to watch March pasts in foreign lands when we leave after having invaded them. My interpretation of the British/Scottish argument was that, if indiv

This is my main thinking behind my Unionism. There is no difference between a poverty-stricken family in Edinburgh, Inverness, Cardiff, Liverpool, Belfast, Londonderry, Leeds, Birmingham or London.

Quote Originally Posted by BertrandRussell
    This is my main thinking behind my Unionism. There is no difference between a poverty-stricken family in Edinburgh, Inverness, Cardiff, Liverpool, Belfast, Londonderry, Leeds, Birmingham or London.
    Or Paris, or Mombasa, or Mumbai, or Valparaiso: are we going in to a Union with them too?

Don't think I share the same history with them, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by pwlp
    Or Paris, or Mombasa, or Mumbai, or Valparaiso: are we going in to a Union with them too?[/quote]

Did you post that out of desperation?

Quote Originally Posted by BertrandRussell
    I think there is a difference in that we can do something about our povert stricken areas. Tory run england is hell bent on widening the gap between rich and poor. We can choose to narrow it where we can.

There is more binds us than divides us. Breaking up the Union is unthinkable.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)