+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19 years ago today

re: 19 years ago today

Struggling a bit now Alfi, do you think winning the Anglo Scottish Cup would raise much kudos from this lot?
    Have you been down to see the FA Cup winners exhibition Alfi?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkyclaret
    Or how about taking a 3:0 lead in the Quarter Finals of the European Cup in front of 47,000 home fans.
    They weren't all home fans ... I was there and still have the program!

Pity about the overall result though.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkyclaret
    Struggling a bit now Alfi, do you think winning the Anglo Scottish Cup would raise much kudos from this lot?
    Not yet,I'm going to pop down next week ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    Not yet,I'm going to pop down next week .. [/quote]

Alf - off-topic because I can't remember which thread your comments about Tomkins were on. Everything went right for the NZ Warriors last weekend, when they thrashed the Raiders. Tomkins was superb, but I have to say he's a heart-in-the-mouth, high-risk sort of player. He made two instinctive tap-on passes which led to tries.
    The Warriors have lots of those sorts of players, actually, but the defence was much improved, so the risks weren't outweighed by the mistakes.
    They play the top team, the Bulldogs on Saturday, which should be much more of a test.
    Are any NRL games shown in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95
    Happy days. Only feels like yesterday.

Loving seeing the Dings all over this thread. Sadness epitomised.

They don't care about us Moony. so hey keep telling us, on here everyday.
    We have a new 'tard who frequents this place at the mo...in the mould of Kempes. this ones called Claret78 ...he's special and you'll like him a lot [/quote]

Aye this thread shows that they don't give a phuck about us. We all know the score if the boot was on the other foot. A bit like them saying that 30 odd years didn't bother them, only to go and start saying "5 years", you can even smell the bitterness.

I have seen this Clampet78 you speak of, he is a proper mongo.

seventwo:-We woz robbed

I do fear for you Rovers fans when the top league changes it's again. What will you brag about then?

Winning the top league in our country was as worthwhile in 1905 as it is now and will be in the year 3095. No matter what they call the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Not yet,I'm going to pop down next week .. [/quote]

Alf - off-topic because I can't remember which thread your comments about Tomkins were on. Everything went right for the NZ Warriors last weekend, when they thrashed the Raiders. Tomkins was superb, but I have to say he's a heart-in-the-mouth, high-risk sort of player. He made two instinctive tap-on passes which led to tries.
    The Warriors have lots of those sorts of players, actually, but the defence was much improved, so the risks weren't outweighed by the mistakes.
    They play the top team, the Bulldogs on Saturday, which should be much more of a test.
    Are any NRL games shown in the UK?[/quote]

There are q

Quote Originally Posted by Quickenthetempo
    Winning the top league in our country was as worthwhile in 1905 as it is now and will be in the year 3095. No matter what they call the competition.
    Who said it wasn't? See, the bitterness oozes...

Just to balance it up for the very cleverest of posters on here.

We have a commemorating thread here about winning the Premier League 19 years ago, and the fifth word of the OP is reference to Burnley FC.

Make mine a pint.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)