+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever met a player?

Ever met a player?

Has anyone got any good stories regarding current or ex employees of Wigan?

Had a pleasant one last night.

Was in Manchester having a pint after work and who should I see but the majority of the squad.

Had a picture with the lot, barring Ben Watson, he got off before I good pluck up the courage.

Mike Pollit is a f*cking legend, I don't know if anyone else had has the pleasure of meeting him, but far from treating me like a nuisance as I got the vibe from one or two of them - He treated me like the celebrity, genuinely enquiring as to where abouts in Wigan I was from and going as far to say I was a cool guy - Wore my hat in the picture and hat a cracking pout on him.

Picture below, obviously after I've just told the best joke in the world to Gary and James.
    (I call them by their firsts now, we're bff's obviously)

re: Ever met a player?

cool that mate haha i spoke to pollit once up wigan he is a legend[quote="Benet"]Has anyone got any good stories regarding current or ex employees of Wigan?

Had a pleasant one last night.

Was in Manchester having a pint after work and who should I see but the majority of the squad.

Had a picture with the lot, barring Ben Watson, he got off before I good pluck up the courage.

Mike Pollit is a f*cking legend, I don't know if anyone else had has the pleasure of meeting him, but far from treating me like a nuisance as I got the vibe from one or two of them - He treated me like the celebrity, genuinely enquiring as to where abouts in Wigan I was from and going as far to say I was a cool guy - Wore my hat in the picture and hat a cracking pout on him.

Picture below, obviously after I've just told the best joke in the world to Gary and James.
    (I call them by their firsts now, we're bff's obviously)

[img]http://s13.postimg.org/gzta2zc6f/20140514_233827

nope never 'met' a player tbh
    seen plenty overt years tho.

and surprise and shock a 'moderator' logs on.'

so while th'irons hot so to speak. question whats the official (or unofficial) stance on yon boyceeunders tirade and antisocial offerings of late.

cmon be honest and open!!!

Not the right place this for this asking me about Boyce.

best pals me and benet and i agree wrong thread this is about meeting players ect
    Quote Originally Posted by Benet

Quote Originally Posted by Benet
    well where is then??

Shamless dropping there Benet but great photo.

I met Roberto does he count? once away from stadium he's just lovely. Didn't stalk him just said hello.

Quote Originally Posted by twofootedchallenge
    Shamless dropping there Benet but great photo.

I met Roberto does he count? once away from stadium he's just lovely. Didn't stalk him just said hello.
    It counts haha. When was it?

Palacios was a nice geezer, seen him in Grand arcade right before he left for Spurs, I shouted Wilson and he genuinely looked excited that someone had recognised him - Came over and he told my mate to take a picture, made my day.

Had a pint with Neil Rimmer and Davey Glenn in what used be o'neills top of King street

Quote Originally Posted by Les_bradds_lad
    Had a pint with Neil Rimmer and Davey Glenn in what used be o'neills top of King street
    No way, much banter?

I tried having a shot with them - Then Pollit asked for my hat.
    Looking back my response probably put them off the shot, I replied "You can have whatever you want Mike"

He gave it back. Haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)