+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message from the Board

Message from the Board

Apologies if it's already been mentioned

From the official site >>>>>

Well now that the season is finally finished I thought I would update and reflect on what has happened at Palmerston in the last while.

We asked the management team at the start of the season to take us to the play offs and it was delivered. We knew we had a good squad but to come up from a lower division and to finish where we did especially after our slow start was tremendous. With a bit more luck we could have been still in with a shout of that elusive Premiership place. Rest assured, it would have been a big step going up but we would have welcomed it and taken on the challenge. However, I think if we look back at the season on and off the pitch, the club has continued to move in the right direction.

Off the pitch we now have the Queen of the South Arena which must be the envy of most clubs in Scotland. I know when the visiting directors see it when they are down at Palmerston they can,t believe the

re: Message from the Board

And there you go. A well run club operating on a fraction of the cost of the bloated, finance driven organisations who are eating up the game we all love.

Congratulations to the board, They deserve it. Here's to another season of exciting, honest football played by guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves, not in their pockets.

Expect a slap on the wrist from ADMIN you naughty boy

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv
    And there you go. A well run club operating on a fraction of the cost of the bloated, finance driven organisations who are eating up the game we all love.

Congratulations to the board, They deserve it. Here's to another season of exciting, honest football played by guys who wear their hearts on their sleeves, not in their pockets.
    Here here ...

What a transformation in the club since the Save our South days ...

The clubs in good hands & the futures bright

Honestly can't wait for next season begin

Congratulations to all who helped to make it a really encouraging season. I'm also really keen to see what pre-season friendlies we're playing. Cannae wait!

The BOD have done their bit. Now its up to the Dumfries public to do theirs and support our great club.

Next season should see the return of the floating fan.

"There will be other ongoing developments over the Summer at Palmerston Park, one of which will be announced in the next week."

Intriguing. Any ideas what this announcement will be ...?

My money is on a new main stand and Terregles st getting revamped. Would be great to get back to the days when the support swapped ends at half time

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan
    My money is on a new main stand and Terregles st getting revamped. Would be great to get back to the days when the support swapped ends at half time
    You will have to put the money up for that and as for swapping ends the police will not allow that..

When is this new main stand going to happen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)