+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: where's our FFP punishment then ?

re: where's our FFP punishment then ?

[quote="Sir_Brian_Clough"

Romanis - we are not slow to react, that is not the case at all. We are adults and try to manage this like adults. You will notice I acted quickly with Basie (and all of his other aliases) when necessary but I also believe in fairness.

Yes, personal attacks are not welcome and I could offer a temporary ban but instead I ask that people just respect one another. Otherwise we just drive more people away from this board.

Guys, it is time to stop this now. This is a blanket warning to all involved. Banter is fine, rudeness is not. Next person, whomever it is, from those involved who oversteps the mark will get a permanent ban.

You've been clearly warned now.[/quote]
    I think it maybe to late for some long standing posters who seem to of moved to other Forest boards, I know I post less on here, not that I was ever prolific... H

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    I know you will demand the evidence, but I'm not gonna oblige because I want this issue to die down and you to start posting like your old self.
    But trust me, I did spot 2 major rule breaks against FM rules. The reason I see no reason to report it now is because I feel there's no malice, not yet anyway. But if you continue, then perhaps, I may be mistaken.

C'mon surely you're far too mature and intelligent to flog a dead horse. You're no Basie, so stop behaving like him.

So go, condemn Forest, condemn our methods, our players, signings etc. Take the peesss out on us when we say daft things.
    We'll do the same about County. Just don't get personal.

It's not personal between me and you, it's just that I feel you should move on.

Fair enough?
    Have to say that's well put,though I come on here less now for obvious reasons, I hope that it can be a bit of fresh start, have to see how it goes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by salopred
    I know you will demand the evidence, but I'm not gonna oblige because I want this issue to die down and you to start posting like your old self.
    But trust me, I did spot 2 major rule breaks against FM rules. The reason I see no reason to report it now is because I feel there's no malice, not yet anyway. But if you continue, then perhaps, I may be mistaken.

C'mon surely you're far too mature and intelligent to flog a dead horse. You're no Basie, so stop behaving like him.

So go, condemn Forest, condemn our methods, our players, signings etc. Take the peesss out on us when we say daft things.
    We'll do the same about County. Just don't get personal.

It's not personal between me and you, it's just that I feel you should move on.

Fair enough?
    Have to say that's well put,though I come on here less now for obvious reasons, I hope that it can be a bit of fresh start, have to see how it goes I

95% of this thread is off topic, TES gave everyone a warning over posts going off topic and thats the last we heard of him,

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52
    95% of this thread is off topic, TES gave everyone a warning over posts going off topic and thats the last we heard of him,
    Blimey where's TES? Don't tell me he's dancing on Broadway!!

Or has Tricky kidnapped him for some nefarious means.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie
    Seems fair enough to me. Me and Tricky are never going to be drinking buddies, and it probably did get a bit personal on both sides, but I still stand by every word I said. I can see it's probably boring for some, although without these little spats this board would be dead. Like it or not, the longest threads invariably involve Notts or Derby fans.

Also, if you want me to post less, it might help if I'm not mentioned by - see your first reply on the Yaya Toure thread. That had nothing at all to do with me, but you managed to give me a mention.
    No I don't want you to post less, just less of getting worked up over things done on NCM.

Be sarcastic, witty and have some of that self-deprecating humour back and all's good on my side.

For what it's worth, I have also been virtually driven away by the so called "banter" which involves a handful of posters having one to one, often childish debates with predictable comments that carry over from thread to thread. It makes the rest of us feel like outsiders. This started with a question about FFP (a serious subject) but as soon as I read that there were 56 replies, I automatically knew that it had descended into a playground bunfight.

I know that this is unavoidable, but it does mean that unless those responsible recognise the problem, they will soon be the only ones left on here.

Whilst I am having a rant, I would also please request that a mod explains why homophobia is completely overlooked on here and treated differently from racism, which would have many people outraged. Is it just acceptable in this day and age to insinuate that someone is gay, or to refer to a club's fans (Brighton) as gay in a mocking stereotypical manner. SBC, you are clearly an intelligent ch

Back on topic. Would any fine you receive also be included in that years accounts? Could make it very difficult to get out of a bad situation without selling some players.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85
    Back on topic. Would any fine you receive also be included in that years accounts? Could make it very difficult to get out of a bad situation without selling some players.
    If I understand it right, we wouldn't get a fine. It would more than likely be a transfer ban, NEXT year. However, it does make me laugh. Perhaps folks have forgotten there is more than NFFC in this. Also, we are not the worst offender, by a long way.
    Folks forget, that ultimately our owner has the debt and what he does about it is up to him.
    The figures in the report, are obviously out of date to the here and now. NFFC are clearing away the stupid wages, Greening/Miller/Derbyshire and so on. Expect to see the main squad decrease at least 20%.
    However, the back ground work is being done first. More revenue needs to be utilised. The new CEO will be here early June.
    Training and coaching will help. Was you aware we had 13 players on the sick bed at one point. Some of

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    However, the back ground work is being done first. More revenue needs to be utilised.

That's the bit I don't understand. For that season your attendances were 4th best in the division yet the turnover was only 16th highest. What's the reason for a huge discrepancy like that? A few clubs might have their turnover inflated by parachute payments but not enough to explain why large crowds appear to generate little revenue compared to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    Was you aware we had 13 players on the sick bed at one point.

Really? I'm surprised no-one has ever mentioned that one!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast