+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: O/T Count to Infinity using Pictures: The Next 500 Edition

re: O/T Count to Infinity using Pictures: The Next 500 Edition

USS Nelson
    USS Nelson (DD-623), a Gleaves-class destroyer, was the only ship of the United States Navy to bed for Rear Admiral Charles P. Nelson, who served during the Spanish-American War and World War I.

Nelson was laid down 7 May 1942 at the Federal Shipbuilding and Drydock Company, Kearny, New Jersey, launched 15 September 1942 sponsored by Mrs. Nelson Stewart, daughter of R.Adm. Nelson, and commissioned 26 November 1942, Lieutenant Commander M. M. Riker in command.

After shakedown along the Atlantic coast, Nelson reported to the U.S. Atlantic Fleet 21 January 1943. Through 29 May, she operated on convoy duty as flagship of Destroyer Squadron 17, making runs to Bermuda, Port of Spain, Trinidad, Dakar, French West Africa; Aruba, Netherlands West Indies; Casablanca; and Gibraltar. The ship took part in the 1943 landing in Sicily and the 1944 Invasion of Normandy.

Bell OH-58D Kiowa WarriorFleet ImagesFleet InformationDetails & Weapons
    The ROC Army had previously operated at least six OH-6A in the observation role. In August 1991, the Army initiated "Lu Peng" program to modernize its aviation assets. The contract for 12 OH-58D (with 14 options) and 18 AH-1W were signed in February 1992. Later the 14 options were all exercised and the 26 OH-58D were to equip the 1st and 2nd Aviation Groups. Deliveries started in October 1993.
    Further 13 OH-58D were requested in 1997 and the contract was awarded on June 24, 1998. These OH-58D were assembled by Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation (AIDC) in Taiwan and then shipped back to Bell for flight tests. AIDC rolled out the first assembled OH-58D on November 9, 1999 in a ceremony. As of 2001, all 13 helicopters had been delivered to the ROCA.

The Ministry of National Defense initiated an extensive re-organization program in 1997, resulting in the es

1957 Ferrari 625/250 TRC.

Lancaster Under Attack by Robert Taylor.

A Lancaster of No. 626 Squadron takes evasive action during a raid over Osterfeld in December 1944, as a Messerschmitt Me110 G.4 night-fighter makes a pass beneath the bomber. Both crews are locked in a desperate close-quarters fight, acutely aware of each other's presence in their bid to out manoeuvre each other.

The University of Auburn, their teams are known as the Razorbacks after the wild boar by the same!

University football and other sports are HUGE in the States. The stadium below where the university plays their home games seats 72,000 and is often sold out; despite the seating capacity the largest crowd to watch a game was four seasons ago, 76,808! Sports budgets for popular sports, like football, are often in the millions of dollars.

Of the ten largest stadiums in the world, seven are US College football stadiums, all over 100,000 seating. The University of Michigan is the largest in the US seating 109,901.

Ilike this one, but no idea how old it is:-

Like the old photo, Wokes, I would guess the mid-60s based on the apparel worn by the threesome on the right.

#629 Refurbished Zurich tram.

Gents can you explain to me what purpose this thread serves? you two are pretty much the only two that post on it, what's the point apart from the post count thing, knock it on the head lads it's just... SAAAAAAAD!

Why? We are enjoying ourselves. You don't have to look if you don't like it.

Perhaps you could come up with something of interest as I don't find taking the pi$$ out of the baggies very entertaining - you apparently do, but we don't knock you for it!

The board overall post count is near an all-time low. If you want it any lower you could always visit the Watford site!

Tundra, I think we may have caught ourselves a minnow!

Eve, believe me when I post here that I have no interest in the post count, it is a sign of longevity on the board (which the "joined date" below our respectives already covers) and does not measure content or quality. There are posters here that regularly post responses that run under five words each, they have a very high post count, yet it indicates nothing of value. We cannot control the display of the post count and is merely put there by those who run this site.

There are a small minority also here who like to accuse, with no proof that we are simply here to inflate our post count, yet this thread really does give us pleasure and provides an exchange of information about esoteric subjects that I find quite interesting, original and enjoyable. It is also an interesting means of getting to know our fellow posters, on this thread visited and contributed to by a number of others, if you wished to take the time to scroll through, I probably wouldn't have the patience nor I expec

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)