+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitch coming up next week.

Pitch coming up next week.

As reported by some earlier in the season the pitch will be replaced next week, from 26th May, it will take 6-8 weeks.
    The club comes first but this is a shame for the guys who were coming from Newcastle next Saturday to play a team of locals. Sadly they have put AŁ100 deposit on a mini bus, hope they can get it back.

re: Pitch coming up next week.

OS has a statement which is worthy of the UN for its diplomatic spin. I wonder how much dosh Queens will lose out on over this "upgrade".

[quote="Tam_o_Terregles".[/quote]

None, that's why the diplomatic spin.

Quote Originally Posted by "doonumberland".[/quote

Quite a lot of pitch rental income lost over the summer?

So there's nothing actually wrong with the current pitch but they've agreed to give us an upgrade after less than 12 months ...!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmm

Let's hope it plays and looks like the pitch at Falkirk.

There is nothing wrong with the current pitch. If it had been brushed properly it would look better.

When the Ai100K 3G pitch was laid during the summer it was claimed to be one of the beat surfaces around and given FIFA 2 star status.

However the synthetic surface was claimed as imperfect by St Mirren and they claimed that the wrong kind of brushes were being used for preparing the pitch. This was confirmed by the groundsman who stated that the Council had supplied the wrong brushes but this had been rectified.

Dundee fans also claimed it was the worst synthetic pitch they had seen in Scotland.

As the season progressed there were various reports on the surface including uneven bounce and puffs of sand when the ball was kicked. The appearance of the turf didn't look right with the pile looking distorted.

Queens however have stated they have been delighted with the surface but must have been bemused at the superior quality of the surface laid at the Falkirk Stadium by Greenfield MX Surfaces a Dutch company who have a branch in the UK.

The recent statement that Act Global,the manuf

Quote Originally Posted by "lcfc57".[/quote

Quite a lot of pitch rental income lost over the summer?[/quote]

Indeed, that's what I meant.

Have to say I thought the pace and bounce on the pitch looked fine. I think I read somewhere that players have found the surface "hard". I confess it doesn't look right. It looks like those old sand based jobs. The Falkirk pitch did look superb. If it is down to aftercare, then Queens have got away with one IMO, if there is no financial outlay for replacement. Normally with goods, if you screw up, rather than the manufacturer, then you've had it. Here's hoping.

A company doesn't replace 750k or what ever it cost worth of pitch without good reason and a thorough investigation.

Its never looked right from day one. From what i heard the pile wasn't sitting upright so must have been a manufacturing defect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)