+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Msg from directors re finances

re: Msg from directors re finances

I'm also an exile, and a Well Society Member, but as Mix says above - reality check required.

What I would say tho is - I'd love to lead a Process Improvement/Time and Motion team into FP. I'm convinced there's savings to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Davie1972
    I joined the Well Society at the very outset and have paid my additional annual fees on top but have been very disappointed with what I have got for my money... nothing. The only thing I have is that I have helped my club
    A good question. Some members joined and asked "Whats in it for me?" and that's fair enough. Others though joined simply to help the club and that too is a valid position. I'm in the latter group and I'm satisfied with the return to date.

Until the club is at crisis point, many fans won't be worried enough to help out, thats just the way it is. I'm confident that if we ever reach that point then fans will help out as they have done at Tynecastle.

I an sorry to say this, but this IMO this is all window dressing. I don't doubt for a moment that we are in dire financial trouble, but I do doubt that we (The fans) have the ability to do anything about it.

I know that there will be many saying that my attitude is why we are in the trouble in the first place, but let me try and explain why I believe this.

After working for two companies that have went bust, I can see all the signs and symptoms all over again.

1 The denial...We are NOT at the crisis point yet...Oh by the way can you lend us a few quid

2 The Propaganda...Yes we can by owned and run by the fans...Ok there are only a few thousand working class people (Presumably with enough money to keep a football club running, when a millionaire couldn't) but they are all good hard working, loyal fans.

3 The short term contracts...a sure way to increase the feeling of uncertainty and results in a continual turnover in the playing staff.

Now the really depressing thing is that w

I disagree that we can never get another buyer willing to put money into the club their may be someone out their looking to buy a scottish club as a lot of people now run football clubs for pleasure certainly not money look at the big clubs in england. What i would say is i think their may be someone now willing to buy but cant with well society in background so only way to do it is make the society stump up or walk away but must give time so nov deadline is an impossible ask imo. The next question i would have now is what happens to the money allready invested by fans if they do sell is it returned or will they still have a small shareholding in club as new buyer may not like that if they decide to go that route. I do not know of any new buyer or anything like that only guessing but surely they must have someone in mind if doing all this.

I stand by everything I said two years

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=377&fid=184&sty=2&act=1&mid=21144676 15

The club will have to look at other revenue streams as I see no significant uplift in Society membership between now and November such that we hit the financial targets. Ultimately I suspect where this is all leading is a reduced role for the Society as a single or consortium of investors, if sourced and secured, will rightly demand a greater say in the running of the club in return for their investment.

Mmm .. it's a long-winded way of saying "we're totally skint, we'll be selling everything and anything we can, don't blame us when S McCall leaves during the summer merry-go-round and by the way thanks to all who tried to help, but you've not done enough." Charming.

You've missed out the scenario where Fir Park is destroyed by a meteorite from outer space over the summer and the insurance policy doesn't cover such an event as its an act of God?

Oh this is depressing stuff. (-:

We could go out win the league then win Europa League then win Champions League next season and still be up to our Titters in doom and gloom!Folk can only spend what they have.I do really think we need a mini investor to come in someone as fan owned just keeps us above water but just and no more...

I admit our finances are difficult but then again its the same for most Scots clubs. More of the same financial medicine will not do - change is required. Lets make that happen though rather than sit wringing our hands engulfed in gloom and doom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)