+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yubbs/Aussies/ WC

Yubbs/Aussies/ WC

We're looking shaky at the back and the middle. Kennedy, Rogic and Wilkshire out. There is very little international experience in our backs. Not looking good Still, right now we're still in with a shot.

re: Yubbs/Aussies/ WC

Yeh not much of a chance, there just doesn't seem to be any world class players coming through.

We have a lot(a lot for Australia)of average players to choose from these days, just no Kewel's, Viduka's, Bosnich's, Cahil's

after the euphoria of qualifying for germany against uruguay, i really expected a solid growth of talent for decades...

... i look back now and think that maybe we were just extremely lucky to have all those players at their peak at the same time.

A spirited performance over night, but just proved we are out of our depth

Well yubbs besides that horrible two minutes where we leaked two goals I thought we played really well. We could have easily been awarded a spot kick when Cahill was blatantly pulled in the box...um. Anyway. Some brilliant keeping to keep Milligan's volley out. Another goal dis-allowed for being slightly offside.Matthew Leckie impressed me greatly.

Besides the starting nerves at no time did I feel we were out of our depth.

We played alright in the first 5, then the next 10 like you said was the killer

Can't see the clog lovers causing us too many issues and I'll be disappointed if we don't score at least seven goals. Should be a romp. Yep. 'Reckon we'll win the whole thing.

Easily

Not bad from a country with 200 football players sponsored by a pie shop.

we gave a good account of ourselves.

Villa should sign Leckie

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)