+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our neighbours...

Our neighbours...

Had a look at various Saints message boards over the last couple of days and the comments and threads remind me so much of the Pompey fans reactions when the cracks started to appear and the money stopped coming.
    They range from the 'Don't panic' merchants to the 'We are all doomed'.
    For me the reality is that all clubs owned by billionaires are at the mercy of their whims and the vagaries of the business world.
    If the Liebers are genuinely interested in owning Southampton, the club will be alright (for now) but if they want out, there are stormy waters ahead and the Ricky Lambert is just a portent of things to come.
    While I loved Pompey being in the premiership and wining the cup, the future, the stability and the togetherness that now exists far exceeds that time.
    The league, FA and the Premiership needs to start looking at the issue of club ownership much more robustly, (Cardiff being a great example) before some bored billionaire puts a great traditional and historic club out of ex

re: Our neighbours...

[quote="simonforever"]Had a look at various Saints message boards over the last couple of days and the comments and threads remind me so much of the Pompey fans reactions when the cracks started to appear and the money stopped coming.
    They range from the 'Don't panic' merchants to the 'We are all doomed'.
    For me the reality is that all clubs owned by billionaires are at the mercy of their whims and the vagaries of the business world.
    If the Liebers are genuinely interested in owning Southampton, the club will be alright (for now) but if they want out, there are stormy waters ahead and the Ricky Lambert is just a portent of things to come.
    While I loved Pompey being in the premiership and wining the cup, the future, the stability and the togetherness that now exists far exceeds that time.
    The league, FA and the Premiership needs to start looking at the issue of club ownership much more robustly, (Cardiff being a great example) before some bored billionaire pu

Turk, missing the point slightly.
    Never said they bother me, but the bigger picture is that all football fans support their clubs unwaveringly while they (in general) have no say whatsoever.
    If the owner gets bored or just decides to pull out, any club will be right in the ****.
    I as a football fan do not want to see that happen to any club. I enjoy having rivals and banter. Life is too important and full of other things to waste time hating.

Well i suppose now their dreams are shot once again they will have to resort back to calling us GLCT'S.

everybody can see what's happening there and i mean all around the country,ive heard they have a new song for next season,oh when the xxxxxx go marching out,thats if they turn up to watch the new team they will have to get

I seem to have upset the usual suspects on the Saints Mad, by having and voicing an opinion. Bunch of Keyboard Warriors unable to finish any post without swearing. Very scary stuff.
    We can all see what is happening, they cannot.

I had a little chuckle at the thread WE ARE SOUTHAMPTON AND WE ARE OFF TO BRAZIL !!!

I thought it should have read WE ARE SOUTHAMPTON AND WE ARE OFF TO LIVERPOOL, SPURS, MANURE... !!!

Personally my new favourite is the Ricky Lambert reverse book of condolence thread...

Very moving, must be a Southampton thing!

Anybody got a bucket handy? - view external link

Vomit inducing isn't it.

What about Fiddley's request to ban me? But of course he's not wound up, oh no, definitely not wound up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)