+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Business Acumen

Business Acumen

Lets hope the exciting new season ahead is capitalised on.

Hearts, Hibs and Rangers now confirmed as visitors.

I would imagine the BOD in place now will not miss the opportunity to get some serious revenue in.

I've always said we missed a huge opportunity at the 2008 Cup Final.

I know moneys not everything but let's make the most of the financial rewards on offer next season.

re: Business Acumen

Would you mind elaborating, as I don't understand what your expectations are ?

How can " the opportunity to get some serious revenue in " be missed ?

What " huge opportunity at the 2008 Cup Final " was missed ?

Nith valley, I suspect you are on the wind up, but if not, the huge opportunity that was missed in 2008, was the feel-good factor in the immediate aftermath of the cup final. On the Sunday, when Palmy was filled to overflowing with exuberant fans, if there had been a special offer on season tickets, there would have been a huge uptake. Alas that opportunity passed us by.

This year is a little different, but even a blind man can see that the championship is the league to be in and a season ticket might be seen as a worthwhile investment. Whether or not the general public see it that way, remains to be seen, but that is the opportunity worth pursuing by the club.

I think the commercial department should of delayed the shirt sponsor draw a few weeks this season until they knew what teams were going to be in the Championship next season or there was of course a chance we'd be playing in the Premiership .

A missed opportunity IMO to maximise shirt draw sales .

The media & TV coverage in this league next season will be the best ever

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919
    I think the commercial department should of delayed the shirt sponsor draw a few weeks this season until they knew what teams were going to be in the Championship next season or there was of course a chance we'd be playing in the Premiership .

A missed opportunity IMO to maximise shirt draw sales .

The media & TV coverage in this league next season will be the best ever

Absolutely this

There's not a better selling point than to tell potential shirt draw entries what teams are going to be in the league , something they didn't know when the draw took place

A little more thought was needed this year what with the introduction of the Premiership playoffs games

Missed opportunity indeed

Arrol and Aloreburn, there's a well known business phrase and it's called "being wise after the event."
    I do have to agree that the shirt draw could have been delayed, although we already knew that Hearts and Rangers were in the league anyway. Hibs is a bonus!

How we can help the Board to capitalise on that should be the way forward - not criticising them for one oversight.

[quote="jardi"
    I do have to agree that the shirt draw could have been delayed, although we already knew that Hearts and Rangers were in the league anyway. Hibs is a bonus!

How we can help the Board to capitalise on that should be the way forward - not criticising them for one oversight.[/quote]

Ahh , but Jardi we didn't know what league we were going to be playing in until 9 days after the shirt draw was made .

And I'm not criticising the BOD as the draw is the responsibility of the commercial team

I'd have to agree that the draw this season should of happened after the playoff matches had been played and Queens knew what league they'd be playing in

Now we're staying in the Championship and playing Hearts , Rangers & Hibs , I'd imagine more people would of been tempted to enter or re-enter the shirt draw . The media coverage next season is going to be unreal

Have to agree lads, you've made some good points, and in particular MCM, - as there was no telling which league we were going to be in.

What is undeniable is the media coverage which the Championship is going to get is going to far outweigh the Premiership.

Queens are most definitely in the best league in the land by a country mile.

While I see your good points about having the draw later, there would also be a negative impact of the new tops not being ready for sale for another 3 weeks.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)