+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: After the game celebrations.. an unexpected Journey

After the game celebrations.. an unexpected Journey

As if the day wasn't amazing enough, me and the missus were staying at the Hilton Wembley.. little did we know, until we found Andy Dibble having a quiet moment with a glass of wine; that our boys were also staying and celebrating there!!!

We had a fantastic evening in the company of the very kind, polite and genuinely decent Millers players and staff. It'd be easy to put it down to the magnificent win, but they all took the time to chat with us, allowed us to take many photo's and were more than happy for us to join in the celebrations with them.. which went on a bit past our bed time! Many verses of "That man Steve Evans" were sung too!

Revell was a perfect gent as appreciated the glass of red I bought him, Andy Dibble was completely brilliant and he took a real shine to my missus! Steve and Tony were both fantastic and appear to really care about our club and where it's going. Tony said that we'd shock a few people next season and was even humble enough to apologise for getting u

re: After the game celebrations.. an unexpected Journey

Nice one.

I can imagine your elation! I too was star struck on my honeymoon as Fulham were on the plane flying to Alicante for a mid season break (it was Feb and I assume they had been knocked out of the FA Cup). The ones I remember were Alex Stock (Manager) Peter Mellor and John Connolly. They were all chatting to the other passengers. They were 2nd tier then in 1974.

What a great post KP. We've been speculating all day what the lads were up to last night...thanks to you, now we know!

Got some great memories of staying at the Wembley Hilton in '96.

When are we getting some free nuts?

Surprised at the Hitchcock thing, thought he would be glad it's over as he's barely played.

Great story KP, really enjoyed that, almost as much as watching Dano's penalty soot out vid!

Actually on the dropping front, I met the famous Shiregreenmillers and Glorydays for the first time yesterday. That has to just top yours I think!

great story

Thanks for posting that great insight into the teams well deserved celebrations and it's great that they all made you so welcome.

It's hard to imagine things getting much better than this but sounds like Tony has aspirations above and beyond survival.