+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

re: New manager?

I hope he goes actually. For me his key flaw is his lack of plan-b and during the 2nd half of the season he was getting found out for it more and more. If he stays for this coming season it will happen moreso. Let him go to spurs, he'll get sacked by christmas.

Next manager for us? It's easier to draw up a list of managers I wouldn't want! As Shotts said, Moyes would be a great appointment, can't see it though.

I believe you should never go back, so it's a resounding NO for me regarding Nigel Adkins, we would be going backwards if we appointed him again and the jury is out on wether he actually would have saved us last time. We need to continue to improve so a young up and coming manager with a thirst for working with youth is a must. Murat Yakin perhaps?

Following Derby's loss there is no shortage of media outlets linking Schteeve with the Saints job. One even using the word "headhunted".

I for one would welcome it if it were true.

[quote="Brockley_Jack".

I for one would welcome it if it were true.[/quote]FECK ME BROCK I HOPE YOU'RE JOKING!!??? McClaren is the epitome of failure, he's an embarrassment. I would be utterly disgusted if the board appoint The Wally with the Brolly, what's he ever done??? The skates would love it!!!

What a depressing thought, I mean if that's the type of candidate we're looking at then we might as well go for Curbishley or Holloway and give them a target of 17th

Quote Originally Posted by "PonyFiddlerReturns".

I for one would welcome it if it were true.[/quote
    FECK ME BROCK I HOPE YOU'RE JOKING!!??? McClaren is the epitome of failure, he's an embarrassment. I would be utterly disgusted if the board appoint The Wally with the Brolly, what's he ever done??? The skates would love it!!!

What a depressing thought, I mean if that's the type of candidate we're looking at then we might as well go for Curbishley or Holloway and give them a target of 17th
    He's done a great job at Derby this season, had them playing good football too. If he was in charge from the start of the season they'd be a premier league club now.

Sure he was a bit of a muppet in the past but it seems to me that he's learned from his mistakes and bounced back better.

Quote Originally Posted by "PonyFiddlerReturns".

FECK ME BROCK I HOPE YOU'RE JOKING!!??? McClaren is the epitome of failure, he's an embarrassment. I would be utterly disgusted if the board appoint The Wally with the Brolly, what's he ever done??? The skates would love it!!!

I'm a Derby fan so I find your opinion on McClaren quit laughable. He had critics before he came to Derby, but he's certainly silenced them.

I highly doubt Steve will leave Derby for Southampton. He's got unfinished business here, and the managerial team he's assembled has Derby running throu

Quote Originally Posted by "D_D".

I'm a Derby fan so I find your opinion on McClaren quit laughable. He had critics before he came to Derby, but he's certainly silenced them.

I highly doubt Steve will leave Derby for Southampton. He's got unfinished business here, and the managerial te

Great, so he won the League Cup 10 years ago and the Eredivisie title 4 years ago. Thanks, but no thanks, you can keep your dinosaur, I want a young up and coming innovative and ambitious coach. Seeing the Brolly Wally in a Saints track suit would depress the absolute bejesus out of me, it would be like going back in time to the Rupert Lowe era...****,that!

Why don't we go big, Benitez or De Boer.

I personally have no problem with Steve McLaren, the guys admitted that he wasn't ready for England job, and he has learned from his mistakes, and his Derby team has played some great football this season.
    As a long shot Oscar Garcia.
    As a big Rafa Benitez, or Frank De Boer, but I think that we will not be a "big enough" club for him.
    But we do need to move fast, to halt the uncertainty and negativity at the moment.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast