+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

re: New manager?

Quote Originally Posted by tumbles
    I personally have no problem with Steve McLaren, the guys admitted that he wasn't ready for England job, and he has learned from his mistakes, and his Derby team has played some great football this season.
    As a long shot Oscar Garcia.
    As a big Rafa Benitez, or Frank De Boer, but I think that we will not be a "big enough" club for him.
    But we do need to move fast, to halt the uncertainty and negativity at the moment.
    Someone of McClaren's status would probably stand up to any player wanting to move on.
    And given the amount of English talent in our squad, a job done well could put him back in the frame for the England job, which would make us a stepping stone again.

Been reading up about this chap Yakin who looks an ideal fit for our club and is available after leaving Basil.
    He is the stand out at the moment, get him in and primed in English football in time for him to go to Spurs as MP's replacement - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by "D_D".

I for one would welcome it if it were true.[/quote
    FECK ME BROCK I HOPE YOU'RE JOKING!!??? McClaren is the epitome of failure, he's an embarrassment. I would be utterly disgusted if the board appoint The Wally with the Brolly, what's he ever done??? The skates would love it!!!

What a depressing thought, I mean if that's the type of candidate we're looking at then we might as well go for Curbishley or Holloway and give them a target of 17th
    A manager who plays attractive football, focuses heavily on youth players and doesn't sacrifice his principles at the first sign of failure. .[/quote]

Ticks every box for me.

I think we could do a lot worse than McLaren. Sure he's made mistakes but as

glad to see your in turmoil a good few of your players will be next then a cheap option manager,and then the downfall ,very pleased for you ,so we could meet again in a year or so ,up the iron

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    Been reading up about this chap Yakin who looks an ideal fit for our club and is available after leaving Basil.
    He is the stand out at the moment, get him in and primed in English football in time for him to go to Spurs as MP's replacement
    Agree this guys is my fav also. That said, i think he will be like MP, using us to move on to bigger and better things. Do we accept that? I guess we have to...

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    He is the stand out at the moment, get him in and primed in English football in time for him to go to Spurs as MP's replacement
    I wonder if that article would have been the same had it been written a week later after Basel were beaten 5-0 by Valencia blowing a 3 goal advantage?

Managing the best club in basically a one club league doesn't really match the skills required for your set up. You need a manager with big league experience who can nurture youth and can cope with losing key players (and replace them) whilst plaing the style of football you've become accustomed to. I'd be chasing Laudrup if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    I wonder if that article would have been the same had it been written a week later after Basel were beaten 5-0 by Valencia blowing a 3 goal advantage?

Managing the best club in basically a one club league doesn't really match the skills required for your set up. You need a manager with big league experience who can nurture youth and can cope with losing key players (and replace them) whilst plaing the style of football you've become accustomed to. I'd be chasing Laudrup if I were you.[/quote]

Well you're not us. You're a plastic fan of a division four club. Your opinion means nothing.

Laudrup would be ok. Quite harshly sacked from the Swans and would you have you still playing decent footie. Those ***cing spuds again though eh! I know how it feels. Barstards. I dislike that team and everything about them.

Yakin is the man for me, because the smarmy little **** Chiswickmart has rubbished him, just like he rubbished Pochettino, silly ****

It's a weird one I must say. Never saw this coming a few months ago. Jumping a sinking ship, going for dosh/ego? He must know what that Levy's like surely? One thing's 'for sure'...he's stitched you up.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast