+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revell or garner

Revell or garner

C'mon on then which one is the best for me a draw .

re: Revell or garner

Revell's was a far better goal (both in terms of technique and the stage he did it on).

Garner's was great because of the timing and the fact that it made the porkers into Vimtoheads but it wasn't really the same standard (as great and legendary as it was).

definately garners...to score a last minite winner against them bas tards is someting special

Quote Originally Posted by millyTHEmiller
    definately garners...to score a last minite winner against them bas tards is someting special
    Really??? It means more to you to beat Wednesdays than it does to get promoted (and to do it at Wembley)???

Wednesdays aren't that big a deal to me. Nice to beat them but it's a pretty regular event.

Do you mean Prestons Garner? If so Revell no contest.

Think he does mean the Preston game.

Both great goals, but Revell.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoorlane
    Really??? It means more to you to beat Wednesdays than it does to get promoted (and to do it at Wembley)???

Wednesdays aren't that big a deal to me. Nice to beat them but it's a pretty regular event.[/quote]
    i was just having a little joke pal.

i will never ever ever forget revs 2nd goal at wembley. it will be my favourite goal of all time. gave me so many happy memories

Oh, sorry, there's only one Garner goal in my immediate video memory :-)

The Preston Garner one was far superior. Take a chest from a 40 yard ball, flick it over a defender and then volley it on the turn from 25 yards into the top corner (past a very well positioned keeper)...Revell's was nowhere near that good. Garner was a complete kn0b but that goal was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by elliot_the_miller
    Do you mean Prestons Garner? If so Revell no contest.
    Sorry I meant joe garners

Revell's for me!

40+ yarder on the run half-volley whilst being closed down by a defender is possibly the goal of the season in the entire football league.

Although I may be being a bit biased...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast