+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Pompey worth a bet .. ??

Are Pompey worth a bet .. ??

First odds out for next season now the play off has been played.

Sky Bet League Two 2014-15 (best prices): 9-1 Luton Town, 11-1 Bury, 12-1 Portsmouth, Shrewsbury Town, 14-1 Stevenage, 16-1 Burton Albion, 20-1 Carlisle United, Southend United, Tranmere Rovers, 22-1 Plymouth Argyle, York City, 25-1 Cambridge United, Hartlepool United, Newport County, Northampton Town, Oxford United, 28-1 Cheltenham Town, 40-1 Mansfield Town, 50-1 Dagenham & Redbridge, Exeter City, Wycombe Wanderers, 66-1 Accrington Stanley, 80-1 AFC Wimbledon, 100-1 Morecambe.

re: Are Pompey worth a bet .. ??

I do a bet every pre season, teams to be promoted 4 fold, I'll probably do
    Championship ~ Norwich city
    League one ~ Leyton orient
    League two ~ Portsmouth
    Conference ~ Bristol rovers

I'd leave any bets on Pompey for now. We'll need a few more signings in the calibre of Hollands to make a challenge for the title.

One value bet you might consider is Scummers to get relegated at 12/1. All it takes is an uninspiring managerial appointment and a bad start to go on top of losing their best players and they may get stuck in a rut, especially as this Premier League looks tougher with nobody apart from maybe Burnley or West Brom standing out as early relegation candidates.

Great bet for sure that one.

In a word lovedean ...Yes.

If pompey say start with 3 wins 2 draws and 2 losses in first 7 games the odds will crash despite the 2 losses. 12-1 or above is good value if we can continue(fair chance we will) our end of season form.I'm as confident now that we'll go up as i was that after 10 games barker would have taken us down.We have already got a useful nucleus for promotion.Whether we win the thing though is always impossible to say.But there is nothing to be anything but confident about for the forthcoming season.

Awford gives you that, unlike his predecessors.

Good luck old chap, i'm also gonna chuck a ton on them.

Def. worth a few quid to get automatic promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by midhurstblue
    Def. worth a few quid to get automatic promotion.
    Why "def" suddenly signed some class players?

At our level yes we have.
    However you lot are about sell your best players.
    Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Jim, We were relegation candidates last season and ended the season going up automatically.

Have a nice day

For anyone who fancies a bet our friends down the m27 are now between 7.1 and 9.1 to go down with all the leading bookmaking firms. Jims advice to take 12.1 was good, wish I had now. No surprise to me that they have been clipped odds wise. Burnley are the only team in the PL being quoted odds on to go down. No surprise that either to me. Meanwhile Pompey are between 9s and 11.1 to win the league with the leading betting firms, around 5/2 for promotion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)