+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby were dumb

Derby were dumb

I cannot believe that Derby allowed themselves to beaten in such fashion.

Yes I wagered on the Hoops and when they went down to 10 men, I knew it was going to be curtains - a draw was the best hope, but I didn't wager on the AH.

Derby threw everything at QPR - correct.

But then they made this dumb mistake, they somehow felt they needed to win in 90 mins. Surely with a man up, extra-time would favour you.

Dawkins started to get excited and a few others, for the life of me, I couldn't understand why?

They say there's no justice in football, and that is true today, but I also believe Derby were too naive, it's a pity that the captain would be the man guilty of the error.

Now what's that chant?

When a big pizza pie hits you in the eye,
    That's Zamora!!!

re: Derby were dumb

Yep.

Bang on.

Naive to say the least. I thought we could nick it in extra time as the older QPR players began to tire a little, making the odd mistake.

As I said the other day, their experience could be the difference on the day. And so it was. They defended solidly, Jones did what he needed to do. Then caught us napping and game over. No complaints from me.

Gutted but starting to get over it now, last night was horrible. Nice curry though, place just up from the stadium, I can highly recommend it if you ever get there.

We'll either learn from the experience and come back that bit stronger or we'll suffer a hangover and struggle to get back into form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondo
    Yep.

Bang on.
    If you wish Ramondo - we'll take your wish as our command!

Wouldn't want to let you and your fellow fans down!!

Gutted but starting to get over it now, last night was horrible. Nice curry though, place just up from the stadium, I can highly recommend it if you ever get there.
    Subtle Ramondo! Very subtle!!

What's the and location of this 'curry house' that comes with your high recommendation Ramondo?

Well spotted, nice to know you're reading carefully

It's called the Blue Room. Up Empire Way to the corner of Dagmar Avenue that leads up to the Green Man Pub. It's opposite the Wembley Plaza Hotel.

Doesn't look much and not a massive menu, and the inside looks more like a sports bar. But it was full of Indian groups and families when we were in, which is always a good sign. Food was good, get the mixed grill kebab starter and don't bother with mains!!

Yep.

Bang on.

Naive to say the least. I thought we could nick it in extra time as the older QPR players began to tire a little, making the odd mistake.

As I said the other day, their experience could be the difference on the day. And so it was. They defended solidly, Jones did what he needed to do. Then caught us napping and game over. No complaints from me.

We'll either learn from the experience and come back that bit stronger or we'll suffer a hangover and struggle to get back into form.

'...if you ever get there'

I suppose that's one way of trying to polish a Turd Of A Day.
    Spend a hundred quid minimum on a trip to 'Wemberlee', intimate that the highlight was a curry and then laugh at us because we haven't had the chance to do the same.

I will pop in aft

Quote Originally Posted by dam617
    Yep.

Bang on.

'...if you ever get there'

I suppose that's one way of trying to polish a Turd Of A Day.
    Spend a hundred quid minimum on a trip to 'Wemberlee', intimate that the highlight was a curry and then laugh at us because we haven't had t

Very disappointing trip but i'm glad i got to go to wembley (my first visit). Derby as a whole management and players ****ed up. We arent ready yet.

Yeah, of course florest fans would all prefer to lose in the semis rather than ever get to finals and lose. Sound logic, made us look stupid there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsdubs
    Yeah, of course florest fans would all prefer to lose in the semis rather than ever get to finals and lose. Sound logic, made us look stupid there.
    Yes, you're right. If I wanted to blow 200 quid plus on a weekend in London I would prefer to do something enjoyable.
    I am not envious of your trip in the slightest.
    At the start of last season if someone had offered me an 11th place finish or 3rd and a last minute defeat at Wembley I'd choose 11th.
    Maybe that's just me. I have a young family and I've seen us at Wembley-off the top of my head- 7 times and watched England and NFL games at the new one.
    We also have many great curry houses in Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617
    Yes, you're right. If I wanted to blow 200 quid plus on a weekend in London I would prefer to do something enjoyable.
    I am not envious of your trip in the slightest.
    At the start of last season if someone had offered me an 11th place finish or 3rd and a last minute defeat at Wembley I'd choose 11th.
    Maybe that's just me. I have a young family and I've seen us at Wembley-off the top of my head- 7 times and watched England and NFL games at the new one.
    We also have many great curry houses in Nottingham.
    Well that makes sense.

Obviously, if you knew you were going to lose then hardly anybody would go to matches, would they!

But you don't, you go because theres a chance you might win. It's exciting. However, you have to accept that the trade off for that is that you're going to lose some of them as well as win.

But if you'd rather stay in Nottingham and have a curry (and yes, there are some good ones there) unless you could guarant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast