+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why Go Abroad for your Holiday...

Why Go Abroad for your Holiday...

...when it's this good over here? STL - view external link

re: Why Go Abroad for your Holiday...

I've got some stunning photo's that mates of mine always presume are from far flung tropical paradises...most of them are from Bude or a little south from there...when the weather wasn't being a prick. Which is always the problem. 1 week out of 52...if that

lulworth cove...only a bloody hour and a half away, always used to come up trumps on a nice sunny day.

Only today my friend form Sydney asked "So do you have castles and all that stuff there mate or is it made up?"

I told him this is half an hours drive away.

"That's ****ing awesome...We don't have any of that **** mate!"

You wouldn't have been able to take any of those images the last couple of weeks. Where's the feckin sun? The climate in this country stinks (he writes as he looks out over another gloomy Midlands morning and as the summer slips away).

Spent last weekend in Liverpool. It chucked it down and the temperatures were very low. There is no chance of my taking holidays here. I like a hot, sunny fortnight on the beach. Caribbean in February/March. Greek Island in September. New England in June/July is hot, too!

I've been to several of those beaches in the article, my favourite worldwide is Three Cliffs Bay (the one in the bottom photo), absolutely stunning to see and warm enough to swim from about May to October thanks to the Gulf Stream.

But the thing is, I only went there because I lived in Swansea, and had the option to pop over there whenever the sun came out - lovely. And if it rains, which it does often - well you don't have to go.

It's quite a different proposition to think about spending hard-earned holidays there.

Had a lovely day on the Island today with the Cumbrian branch of my family. Can understand why folk go there for their holidays and later on in life for their retirement.

But don't live there.

Not enough "proper" jobs ?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)