+ Visit Millwall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World Cup...

World Cup...

anyone going, if so give us the lowdown on your return, I'm sure it would be interesting.

I could not afford to go, even if I did I would not like to keep looking over my shoulder all the time for the next mugger. Lovely place but far too much crime to enjoy yourself.

Think you would be safer down Peckham high street on a saturday night. Mind you it would be tasty ogling all those fit birds wearing thongs on the Cococabana.

re: World Cup...

Evening Claw... I went to Brazil with my wife about about 10 years ago touring around. There are some really nice places to visit but Jeez you've got to be careful.
    Personally I have never experienced such a sense of insecurity as I did in Rio...geographically its very beautiful... but dangerous to the point of spoiling the end of our tour. Any advise I can give to anybody gong..is stay grouped.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by claw84
    anyone going, if so give us the lowdown on your return, I'm sure it would be interesting.

I could not afford to go, even if I did I would not like to keep looking over my shoulder all the time for the next mugger. Lovely place but far too much crime to enjoy yourself.

Think you would be safer down Peckham high street on a saturday night. Mind you it would be tasty ogling all those fit birds wearing thongs on the Cococabana.
    that when they mug you !! I did think of going but prices just kept going up and up.

Know some Wall going and there idea of cheap lodgeings made me laugh,as they have been there before with England,it appears you can book a room for 3hrs in the "good time houses" a at acheap price.

But trouble with that is what you might bring home...

I am afaid margate for me this year

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion
    Evening Claw... I went to Brazil with my wife about about 10 years ago touring around. There are some really nice places to visit but Jeez you've got to be careful.
    Personally I have never experienced such a sense of insecurity as I did in Rio...geographically its very beautiful... but dangerous to the point of spoiling the end of our tour. Any advise I can give to anybody gong..is stay grouped.
    Cheers
    Sounds like good advice Frenchy, and you took your wife too so I guess that stopped you straying.

Quote Originally Posted by lion1

that when they mug you !! I did think of going but prices just kept going up and up.

Know some Wall going and there idea of cheap lodgeings made me laugh,as they have been there before with England,it appears you can book a room for 3hrs in the "good time houses" a at acheap price.

But trouble with that is what you might bring home...

I am afaid margate for me this year [/quote] Nothing wrong with Margate Lion1 I've had some good times down there, and

Quote Originally Posted by claw84
    Cheers
    Sounds like good advice Frenchy, and you took your wife too so I guess that stopped you straying. [/quote]

Too true Claw! The other piece of advise I forgot to mention is ..leave your wives and girlfriends in Blighty...the "talent" on show is by no means a myth!

my cousin has a second hand shop just outside Margate.Margate really run down now and just up the road you have Cliftonville soon to be red Cosserville

What's happened to cliftonville Zampa, used to be a nice place with a good bandstand playing decent music.

its now full of the dregs of society,drugs,prositutes and every nationality you can think of,all the lovely big houses turned into flats and thenlots have fallen in nead of repair.its really cheap if you are looking to get on the housing ladder

It sounds grim Zampa. Our politicians should hang their heads in shame. Especially Blair who let in over 3 million when he was PM.

Of course he was hoping they would all vote for him and his party, no wonder UKIP did so well lately.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)