+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: a bit of info on some of our academy graduates

a bit of info on some of our academy graduates

The list of retained, released and promoted players from the academy has been released today, so I thought I'd give a little bit of info on the players we've kept hold of...

Firstly the under 21 player(s) who have been retained:

6 have been released, 3 are in discussions over new deals, leaving only Josh Lelan under contract. He's a mobile, strong central defender who wins a lot of headers. Reminds some of Miles Addison.

The three still negotiating contracts are goalkeeper Ross Etheridge, England youth international Luke Hendrie and pacey midfielder Rhys Sharpe.

The three academy players who graduated from the u18's squad are central defenders Jamie Hanson and Farrend Rawson, and striker Kwame Thomas.

Jamie Hanson is a cultured centre-back, who has an exceptional range of passing and a great knack of reading the game. He also takes a mean free-kick. He's not the biggest, meaning he may make the transition to holding midfielder as a professional, but he's certainly hi

re: a bit of info on some of our academy graduates

I had heard good reviews of some of the released lads Andy dales Adam wixted Sam berry.
    and I also read the Slovak goalie spiriak and Italian capitiani have not made grad or Darren wassails lad ayrton . just goes to show how difficult it is to make grade.

I'm looking forward to see Kwame Thomas hope he gets a run out here and there.
    If we are successful in signing Thorne then maybe Hanson can eventually replace Eustace as this season has to be his last with us.

[quote="D_D"]The list of retained, released and promoted players from the academy has been released today, so I thought I'd give a little bit of info on the players we've kept hold of...

Firstly the under 21 player(s) who have been retained:

6 have been released, 3 are in discussions over new deals, leaving only Josh Lelan under contract. He's a mobile, strong central defender who wins a lot of headers. Reminds some of Miles Addison.

The three still negotiating contracts are goalkeeper Ross Etheridge, England youth international Luke Hendrie and pacey midfielder Rhys Sharpe.

The three academy players who graduated from the u18's squad are central defenders Jamie Hanson and Farrend Rawson, and striker Kwame Thomas.

Jamie Hanson is a cultured centre-back, who has an exceptional range of passing and a great knack of reading the game. He also takes a mean free-kick. He's not the biggest, meaning he may make the transition to holding midfielder

yes its a good thread on a topic true rams are interested in the up and coming players . when the rams had a reserve team I watched them play many reserve games as they were free to most and the players always looked great very few made first team .

I spoke to Kevin Philips today his lad is still there. Trouble is we might have to wait a few years for him to play in the 1st team.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)