+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watford want Hendrick

re: Watford want Hendrick

Bit of a mystery why we have let Jeff's contract run so far - we need to get him signed up ASAP - need to build a team around this midfield

It is a bit of a concern that his contract has run so low, although he could have anything between 7 months and 18 months left, depending on what time of the year he signed. God forbid he ends up leaving for a pittance. I mean, really, what sort of football club would sell their star player to Celtic for 300,000 pounds... Oh hold on!

Seriously though, Rush is pretty astute and I'm sure he is well aware of the situation and will do what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by clactonram
    It is a bit of a concern that his contract has run so low, although he could have anything between 7 months and 18 months left, depending on what time of the year he signed. God forbid he ends up leaving for a pittance. I mean, really, what sort of football club would sell their star player to Celtic for 300,000 pounds... Oh hold on!

Seriously though, Rush is pretty astute and I'm sure he is well aware of the situation and will do what needs to be done.
    He has a 13 months left... all contracts in England run til 30th June, so Jeff's contract will expire on 30th June 2015.

Thanks Cornwall, I wasn't aware of that. Something new that I've learned. If I had a Reddit account I'd post it under the TIL section.

Thanks Cornwall, I wasn't aware of that. Something new that I've learned. If I had a Reddit account I'd post it under the TIL section.
    We're all here to educate each other clacton, for example I'm sure you will tell me that clacton is actually a nice place and that'll be something new I've learnt too!

I'm just messing with ya by the way, hopefully you don't take that too personally!

Just done some checking and it turns out several other players have contracts until 2015:

Barker
    O'Brien
    Tom Naylor
    Keogh
    Ward (just signed extension)
    Coutts
    Eustace (just signed extension)

Why the **** would he go there? One step back to take no steps forward.

all footballers (in the UK) sign up until june unless they're on short terms deals. they never end in mid season regardless of when they're signed. this isn't just limited to jeff.

Derby to Watford, you have to be kidding these day unless it is a player Derby are looking to offload for whatever reason. Suffice to say that if there is any reality to it then Derby are in a better position now to tell Watford where they can shove it.

And just to clarify, am sure it is the same in the UK, but they can shove it where the sun don't shine no more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)