+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 players to sign (possibly) 14 any news - NO!!!! Why?

re: 12 players to sign (possibly) 14 any news - NO!!!! Why?

22 days since my first post and only two signings!! Still no news on whether Berrett or Thirls have signed and pre-season a matter of days away. GK's constant messages of the squad's togetherness and fitness being at the core of the teams push for next season are in tatters given he has only 11-13 senior pros to train. It sounds like we will have possibly 1 or 2 new faces by the end of the week (maybe). However, even if we do have those new signings we will still be 10 players short.

So will the family day be a chance for fans to watch various games between trialists? This seems to be where we are going. I have no info but would suggest that unless there is a move for more players by Monday, GK will be bringing in a significant number of players out of contract to work with the squad. If this is the case GK's pre-season will be undermined because:
    A) His focus will be on assessing players not working with a squad.
    Trialists coming in and out of the squad will disrupt the squads vi

BB scary stuff gonna go into next season on a wing and a prayer, you'd need rose coloured glasses to give us a chance of not dropping even further down unless there is a miracle around the corner.

Great news on the two signings Dicker and Paynter and on Thirls. So we have 5 in. Berrett looks like he has gone and looking elsewhere, best of luck to him...who would want him based on the last couple of years!!!!????

So, a central defender, midfielder, another forward and a goalkeeper are needed asap for us to be in just about the right place for pre-season. That would leave us 3 or 4 places to fill before the start of the season with possibly a couple of those being long term loans ie half season minimum.

Seems too me that kavanagh is putting a very good squad together and by the looks of it it's going to be one of the strongest in the league,so now that the BoD and kavanagh have dug deep and showed big signs of positivity now it's the turn of the so called fans,instead of predicting relegation and when kav will be sacked its now time to get behind the club and support,the signs are looking very good

Would agree wholeheartedly with you Scot-cufc. The signings are exciting. We have 6 in inc. Thirls and the six look very good. I am feeling more positive than when I started this thread. However, we still need 5 or 6 more signings. These will be as important as the 6 already in. The new signing have quality but also recent probs with injuries, in some cases. The new fitness coach may improve injury rates. Another positive. It's just that I am concerned that the trialistsd are not inspiring and we will be lucky to get more than one from this source.

Let's hope we have a couple more of quality coming in with youth and good stamina to help the experienced older players.

regards Berrett I would have thought resigning for us would have been better than with Yeovil Town whose crowds are a lot lower than ours...

there again near London the South Coast and of course that Scrumpy...

Hope you lads enjoy a better season this time around & begin to move in the right direction again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)