+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England to fail

England to fail

Right, here goes. This topic went down so well last time I thought I'd bring it up again.

I hope ENGLAND fail miserably. I want them to lose, not by the odd goal either. I want English International football to be rocked to its very core, humiliated on the world stage. Finally topped off by Rooney being arrested for touching up old ladies in the corporate toilets.

We need to hit rock bottom before we can truly rebuild.

I will not be flying any flags of St George (who wasn't even English anyway) or attaching silly car stickers to my vehicle, or parading around in an England shirt.

I have already bought my World Cup attire. I just need to brush up on my vocab and practice my samba skills.

re: England to fail

Tower of London for you then...

I don't want them to fail - I just suspect that they will (and if Rooney can't do better than he did last night, we may as well leave him in Miami...)

What do you mean "hope" England fail?

For the past 48 years they have done nothing but fail in all international competition and I'm not expecting any difference in Brazil.

As far as it goes I think the last 48 years have finally taken their toll on the levels of expectation - even the media seem to have a CBA (can't be ar5ed) attitude towards the team this time - born out of years of overhyping the capabilities of our players!

As far as it goes I will watch it, I might enjoy a few games and a bit of banter with a few mates down the pub - but rather than be the biggest football event on the planet it's a decent time filler until the 'proper' football kicks off again in August!

If it means the FA change the rules with regards to the quota of foreign players in the starting eleven then I'm all up for us losing. The way Man City ruin English players is criminal and something needs to be done about it. With the current state of English football I'd never pay to watch them. What's happened to Richards, Sinclare, Johnson, Rodwell? I'm sure there are more I've missed.

How can you want England to fail

I want England to win every match and when they lose it puts me on a downer for a bit! I for one hope we win the world cup and will be one of the English who'd very much enjoy the occasion!
    Really looking forward 12th and 14th June. COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they fail miserably(I don't want it), because it's time something was done to sort our game out.

I would like to see a foreigner limit on the pitch at any one time.

I would like the money distributed better through the leagues.

I would like the FA to get off their ****s and put the funds/facilities and coaches into youth football.

I would like every politician that has had a hand in ripping up public playing surfaces, roundly thrashed. Then they should be given a shovel and made to help reinstate more public spaces for children to learn their craft.

If our national humiliation, is necessary to achieve that, then so be it.

I'm lost for words !

Anyone that hopes England fail should be sent to Scotland.

I agree with alot of Trickys points but I will never hope England fail and besides we've already been humiliated in South Africa.

I beleive the tide is turning, especially if you look at some of the young English talent now coming through which includes our own Will Hughes.

Over the years far too much foreign garbage has been/is fleecing our leagues. Nearly all sides have thrown millions at them, but we are starting to see our own coming through.

You can pick one or two at every club (Man City aside) other than your Luke Shaw's and Ross Barkley's and I'm actually starting to feel a bit more positive about the future.

I very much doubt we will win the World Cup and we may not even get out of the group but I certianly hope we do.

C'mon England.

Good Morning
    Gangway D from the England terrace

Isn't it against the law to stop foreign workers from plying their trade in another country providing they meet the work permit regulations?

If it isn't then im sure Man City and co will get some top lawyers to make a law up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeeeep
    Isn't it against the law to stop foreign workers from plying their trade in another country providing they meet the work permit regulations?

If it isn't then im sure Man City and co will get some top lawyers to make a law up for them.
    Not fully no. The Bundesliga stipulate you must have 8 home grown players.

If rules are rules, there's nothing to say you can't. It's like the disability rule. You have to employ disabled people where you can accommodate their needs. No good a paraplegic being a copper is it?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)