+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Glasgow

O/T Glasgow

Mildly interesting piece on the bbc website about Glasgow & some the problems it has faced over the years as a city. - view external link

re: O/T Glasgow

The terrorists got their erses kicked when they phucked wae the Glaswegians.

"There is an epigenetic impact of the diet that your parents or grandparents were exposed to. Now we can easily find scientific explanations for this - we just haven't proved it yet.""

Here in lies the answer of why when you go abroad to Spain, Italy, etc the majority of the women have fantastic figures...generations of good diet.

There was a radio documentary on this on the World Service, if anyone is interested. - view external link

Glasgow did a good job in the 60s of eradicting most of the slums and the slum-dwellers along with them.

But more is needed. Glasgow needs to start demolishing those seedy areas, like dennistoun, the south side of the river, etc, and then encouraging developers to gentrify those areas.

A strong program of eradication and gentrification. Particularly with a focus of eradicating those newer people who have moved to Glasgow from far away in recent years and live in poverty, scrounging benefits, and robbing people.

Glasgow is a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_in_linwood
    Glasgow did a good job in the 60s of eradicting most of the slums and the slum-dwellers along with them.

But more is needed. Glasgow needs to start demolishing those seedy areas, like dennistoun, the south side of the river, etc, and then encouraging developers to gentrify those areas.

A strong program of eradication and gentrification. Particularly with a focus of eradicating those newer people who have moved to Glasgow from far away in recent years and live in poverty, scrounging benefits, and robbing people.
    How would you propose they go about 'eradicating those newer people' exactly?

I think Glasgow would be so much better if the green areas were as free from litter as much as possible as rubbish can stay in an area for quite some time.

Sometimes I do clear any debris where my sister stays.. 10 black bag fulls normally does the job..

Quote Originally Posted by bob_in_linwood

Merchant City East, if you don't mind.

P.S. I haven't quite worked out who you are yet, but I'm narrowing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by 521buc
    I think Glasgow would be so much better if the green areas were as free from litter as much as possible as rubbish can stay in an area for quite some time.

Sometimes I do clear any debris where my sister stays.. 10 black bag dulls normally does the job..
    Where does your sister stay, Buc, Firhill isn't it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)