+ Visit Birmingham City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zigic spits on Blues

Zigic spits on Blues

It would appear that this leech who has received over 12 million pounds in wages over the last four years hasn't even had the decency to respond to Blues offer of an extended contract of 5000 pounds per week, which is the maximum that Blues are offering to any player.
    Clark has revealed that Chris Burke has spoken to him and stated that he has received a number of better offers and is unlikely to be staying with the club whereas "Nikola hasn't accepted our offer, he hasn't been in touch, so we will be looking for a replacement for him." Nuff said.
    Rg

re: Zigic spits on Blues

Although I can not blame him for looking for a better deal he stated he is happy at the Blues and in Birmingham and his family is settled.
    Is this the same bull sh*t we heard from Gardener before he jumped ship
    KRO

I don't agree.
    At times he's been frustrating and his body language attracts negativity.
    At other times he has been our best player - a real handful.
    He's scored ***** goals in big games and whilst not exactly a talisman, if he does move on, I'll miss him.
    I certainly ain't gonna crucify the bloke for the contract that he and his agent secured. It was agreed and we can't turn the clocks back.

I prefer the positive memories of the big fellah !!
    Whatever he chooses, I'll wish him all the best.

My views on him as a player are well known but don't you think it discourteous of him or his agent not to respond to the offer, if only to say that it was unacceptable?
    From the wording of Clark's statement, which was respectful in thanking him for his service, I got the impression that he wasn't bothered that he would be moving on. It will be interesting to see if he gets another club or calls it a day. His goal scoring record at Blues has been poor and this, coupled with Clark's indictment of his lack of effort in training, won't have made him hot property.
    Rg

Is it just possible Ziggy is waiting to see if there are any other options out there? Maybe I am being willfully naive.

you are!!!

I dont think its naive at all, Its early in the close season, we are in the process of being sold, if and when we are LC is likely to be given the boot why commit yourself to a contract at this stage?

I would add that I dont think that its down to Ziggy necessarily, his agent has been an arrogant s**t during most of Zig's time at Blues and has not always given him the best advice, perhaps delayed negotiations would have been a better response.

Shame about Burke as he has always said that he is very happy at Blues, lets hope nobody takes him though not much chance of that.

Quote Originally Posted by generalblue
    I don't agree.
    At times he's been frustrating and his body language attracts negativity.
    At other times he has been our best player - a real handful.
    He's scored ***** goals in big games and whilst not exactly a talisman, if he does move on, I'll miss him.
    I certainly ain't gonna crucify the bloke for the contract that he and his agent secured. It was agreed and we can't turn the clocks back.

I prefer the positive memories of the big fellah !!
    Whatever he chooses, I'll wish him all the best.
    This entirely. Smacks of 'propaganda' off the club anyway. No matter what - he was part of Blues most successful period ever. Cheers big man, all the best and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spionkop
    It would appear that this leech who has received over 12 million pounds in wages over the last four years hasn't even had the decency to respond to Blues offer of an extended contract of 5000 pounds per week, which is the maximum that Blues are offering to any player.
    Clark has revealed that Chris Burke has spoken to him and stated that he has received a number of better offers and is unlikely to be staying with the club whereas "Nikola hasn't accepted our offer, he hasn't been in touch, so we will be looking for a replacement for him." Nuff said.
    Rg
    A typically balanced view from spion regarding Zigic :-)
    Whilst Zigic 's position at blues was an uncomfortable fit for some supporters, for many he became a cult hero, for most of his time at blues he was misused by managers who seemed to think he was all about heading the ball, some fans of the club think that a good player is one that runs about like a headless chicken whilst ot

sorry it was a headed first goal at bolton not equaliser i got excited again ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)