+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scholes on Rooney

Scholes on Rooney

I think Scholes is right, Rooney does seem to be past his peak, problem is though he's still England's best forward...should Scholes have kept his mouth shut, maybe from a timing point of view but I'm just surprised that after an entire career saying nothing about anybody he comes out with this.

re: Scholes on Rooney

Oh, thought you meant for us next season aussie..Gonna say, none of em, we might just settle for Messi tho now we can afford his wages.

Who gives a sh:t?...Wednesday are back wednesday are back Whoa whoa wednesday are back...Mamma mamma mammadov..Sh:t on the pigs...We'll never play you again..we'll never play you again!!!

Like it Micky, like it.

Quote Originally Posted by micklyons1hardbstd
    Who gives a sh:t?...Wednesday are back wednesday are back Whoa whoa wednesday are back...Mamma mamma mammadov..Sh:t on the pigs...We'll never play you again..we'll never play you again!!!
    "You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato."

Well according to aussie you don't exist anyway. Even braggy is only half joking. You lot never learn.

On topic - I think Rooney's had some unfair criticism levelled at him. He was an impressive performer getting us to Brazil and he has undoubted ability. In the big matches he suffers from England not being able to sustain pressure and possession - and because of this we'd be better off playing a more athletic counter attacker like Sturridge.

In truth I can't think of a side other than Argentina, perhaps Spain / Columbia, that Rooney wouldn't be a starter for.

He's on 300 Grand a week...He should be a starter for any team in the world...But he's not a patch on Nuhiu.

I'm not sure about Rooney. He has shown the promise and delivered at several levels but in tournaments - he's not.

I'm also concerned about his hair transplant. Surely he should remember the last (well only) time we won the World Cup our free scoring forward from M********r U****d, Bobby, the lesser gifted brother of Saint Jack, was proud to be bald.

Mr Rooney - loose the hair - show off your crome dome with pride and who knows 'The Cup' could be coming home. However, without it I'm afraid we may be on the first plane home.

Personally I think Mel 'Zico' Sterland (see the Brazilian connection we need) should come out of retirement. He had a field day when we moved him up front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wn-Y-TIRHk

Thinking on maybe not - his 'hair' raises concerns now.

Oh well - the usual disappointment in Brazil then.

Talking of a christmas carol THATCH...Would you be available for our next christmas party...You're guaranteed to liven things up!?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro

Well according to aussie you don't exist anyway.

[/quote]

???

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl
    I think Scholes is right, Rooney does seem to be past his peak, problem is though he's still England's best forward...should Scholes have kept his mouth shut, maybe from a timing point of view but I'm just surprised that after an entire career saying nothing about anybody he comes out with this.
    If that's what Scholes feels then why not say it?

Now is as good a time as any to make the comments too - In the past 3 tournaments Rooney has been poor compared to his performances at club level. I can't see Scholes comments causing him to perform any worse and if there is any chance that this will inspire him to prove the doubters wrong then all well and good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)