+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's World Cup Match Thread.

re: Today's World Cup Match Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    Three games today, Mexico v Cameroon, Spain v Holland, and last up Chile v Australia. Prediction wise, i'll go with a win for Mexico, Spain and a draw in the Chile v Australia game.

Evening Gentlemen just catching the last of this game and looking forward to the main event for me this evening Spain v Holland
    One of your predictions surprised me Gav The Aussies to get a draw against Chile? The Chileans for me are dark horses in this Competition I'm fully expecting them to give a poor Australian side a right Spannering!
    But we shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65
    Three games today, Mexico v Cameroon, Spain v Holland, and last up Chile v Australia. Prediction wise, i'll go with a win for Mexico, Spain and a draw in the Chile v Australia game.

Evening Gentlemen just catching the last of this game and looking forward to the main event for me this evening Spain v Holland
    One of your predictions surprised me Gav The Aussies to get a draw against Chile? The Chileans for me are dark horses in this Competition I'm fully expecting them to give a poor Australian side a right Spannering!
    But we shall see![/quote]

I have a go on a few prediction leagues and that's what i went for. Not sure on how the Aussies will approach the game though.

I know Chile and in particular Sanchez looked good against England when they beat us in the friendly. My predictions are usually way off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65

But we shall see![/quote]

Evening big boy! I'm with you regarding Chile. In fact on the England board prediction thread they are my pic to lift the cup. But there again I have always been an idiot.

A chance at the death for both sides, the header from Cameroon's Moukandjo easily saved by Ochoa. I think Hernandez could have done better with his chance. Mexico deserve the win and created a lot more chances. I still look back on those two disallowed goals in the first half. poor officiating.

At least Mexico won, any other result would have been criminal!

I have to say, BBC1's coverage so far is a whole lot better than Chiles and co. A detailed look at both sides and not the usual unfunny wise cracks from Sandwell's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    At least Mexico won, any other result would have been criminal!
    For some reason Tundra, i still expected Cameroon to grab an equaliser in the dying minutes. It often happens in games where sides luck goes against them, referee or their assistant make a bad call. But as you say, at least Mexico held on.

Real looking forward to this game (Spain v Holland) two sides who could break the Hoodoo of a European side never winning the trophy when the competition is held in South America
    slight bias for me for Spain as I've got em in one of my sweeps but are they aging now and on the desent?
    But after all that I still love watching the Dutch play when they are at their best they are something else and the spirit of Cruyff still runs through them, anyway bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71
    I have to say, BBC1's coverage so far is a whole lot better than Chiles and co. A detailed look at both sides and not the usual unfunny wise cracks from Sandwell's finest.

Like x 10!!!!

Sneijder with the first real chance of the game, but shoots straight at Casillas.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)