+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irvine/Kelly in at WBA...

Irvine/Kelly in at WBA...

What are the implications for the Thorne deal do we reckon!?! (their fans are absolutely seething!!!)

re: Irvine/Kelly in at WBA...

Quote Originally Posted by RamazonHateForest82
    What are the implications for the Thorne deal do we reckon!?! (their fans are absolutely seething!!!)
    I'm not really sure. It proves that he is willing to act in detriment to the club for a bit of money/his way. However, fans are calling for his head; who knows what effect that will have on him.

My bet would be that he goes crazy, becomes uber clean and builds a model plane called the 'Spruce Moose' and tries to fly it. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by RamazonHateForest82
    Seething is not the word!!! We too will be in the championship soon with this **** appointment!! I hope our chairman goes and plays on the M1...

What's this? WBA with a cheap appointment?

I hope no one tries to tap them up later, they'll want 10 million in compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal
    Seething is not the word!!! We too will be in the championship soon with this **** appointment!! I hope our chairman goes and plays on the M1...[/quote]

Boing! Boing! Zebedee arrives.

This can only work in our favor in my opinion.

It's a truly shocking appointment and the fact they lost out on Sherwood who wouldn't be much better was down to not wanting to pay for les Ferdinand and co as coaches.

I don't know whos out of contact there or not but this I would expect to cause more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1980
    you realise he's coming from the role of academy director? if anyone will want to blood young english talent you have to think he'd be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    you realise he's coming from the role of academy director? if anyone will want to blood young english talent you have to think he'd be one of them.[/quote]

But you do realise that Thorne wanted out just a day before Sherwood was so close to signing? Sherwood, the man who likes to play young players like Bentaleb and Kane.

If he didn't fancy it under Sherwood, then i can only assume under Kelly and Irvine he could be doing a Mears when pre-season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by dcfcdavecov
    you realise he's coming from the role of academy director? if anyone will want to blood young english talent you have to think he'd be one of them.[/quote]

But you do realise that Thorne wanted out just a day before Sherwood was so close to signing? Sherwood, the man who likes to play young players like Bentaleb and Kane.

If he didn't fancy it under Sherwood, then i can only assume under Kelly and Irvine he could be doing a Mears when pre-season starts.[/quote]

I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference who he thought the new manager would be. it's what the new manager will do that matters. Sherwood likes young players but he's no nonsense. if he walked into a situation where a player demanded out I think he's just say 'if you don't want to play for the club, cheerio'. this new guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid

If he didn't fancy it under Sherwood, then i can only assume under Kelly and Irvine he could be doing a Mears when pre-season starts.[/quote]

I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference who he thought the new manager would be. [/quote]

And neither do i. He wants out, and has made him mind up imo. We'll get him in the next month. This only helps though imo. I mean, who are they going to attract? They only have a squad of 18.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)