+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rooney!

re: Rooney!

Rooney has been well past it, or just lost the will for a long, long time. He has had a very poor season, yet for some insane reason managed to negotiate himself another massive contract.

Bring Barkley in just behind Sturridge, or go 442 with Sturridge and Lambert. Either way we can beat Uruguay and Costa Coffee. This tournament is going to be very open , looking at the opening games, and we are not expected to win, so why not go out and just have a go?

Hi Rat,

I couldn't agree more with you about Rooney. The problem for him is that Sturridge is the better no.9. On the performance on Saturday Sterling is better in the hole behind. Virtually any of the Welbeck, Lallana or Sterling is better on the left or right. I think Barclay adds that X factor which perhaps Rooney showed in 2004 (never to be repeated in a major tournament for England).

Here's a question;

Has Shrek had more work done on his rug, especially for his brief trip to the World Cup?

By the way, my view of Rooney is that he is one of the most overrated footballers we have ever had, especially when it comes to big tournaments.

I cannot honestly ever remember him playing a decent game in any World Cup or European Championship tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraggrams
    Hi Rat,

I couldn't agree more with you about Rooney. The problem for him is that Sturridge is the better no.9. On the performance on Saturday Sterling is better in the hole behind. Virtually any of the Welbeck, Lallana or Sterling is better on the left or right. I think Barclay adds that X factor which perhaps Rooney showed in 2004 (never to be repeated in a major tournament for England).
    I think you've hit the nail on the head their with two basic points. There are better players and they have the X Factor which Rooney has lost.

I just wish we had been brave enough to leave him at home like other nations and send a positive message to the rest of the team that they are ahead.

I wonder how much influence from the top was had to include him? Like chilli says how did he get another big contract? It's like jobs for the boys IMO!

Good article IMO! - view external link

According to training reports rooney will be starting centrally behind sturridge on thursday,its now or never time for him i think. Im still a little bit hopeful he'll have a good game.

Its England ... I am more than hopeful but just not convinced it will happen.

spot on now or never!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)