+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2014-15 Fixtures published

2014-15 Fixtures published

Tricky opening encounters away to Berwick and home to Albion (which also finish off the season), the January derby is in Arboath - view external link

re: 2014-15 Fixtures published

A timely dose of imminent harsh reality this, as minds are presently distracted by the glitz of the world cup...and a decent summer.

Depth of winter trips to Coatbridge and Cumbernauld.. etc

Slightly disappointed by the sequencing of the Montrose derby games. I'd prefer the late summer and New year away games at Links Park rather than Gayfield.

Two consecutive away games in Feb at Berwick and Annan is not ideal.

As usual, I'd prefer more games in September and October (there are only 3 each as the schedule is disrupted for the internationals - surely we could play around them). Weather's generally better and interest early doors tends to be greater

It may be the basement division but there are a lot of difficult fixtures in that lot

re: 2014-15 Fixtures published

I feel like it is a tough league anyway, but it seems like that perhaps due to the lower leagues having their pockets filled with the Rangers effect that more clubs seem to be throwing their cheque books at trying to win the league out-right, of course that doesn't always equal success but it seems like Clyde, Albion Rovers and East Fife are flexing their financial muscles.

It seems like the last few years the league has been won with either the 76/77 point mark or the 66/67 mark which shows just normally how tight it is.

I don't blame Paul at all for moving to Aberdeen, and I want the board to make the right appointment rather than a hasty one. There is plenty of time before the league campaign starts, but I do worry that the Aberdeen friendly is just too soon for us now and perhaps should have been cancelled. Even with 8 days to go we just about have enough players to field 11 players.

Hopefully some news out of Gayfield by the weekend

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)