+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freeman has gone, Sheff U

re: Freeman has gone, Sheff U

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    quite right tricky he was the same as Tyson we made errors in signing both of them from you the club who signed them both in first place.
    I'm afraid you did, without being sarcastic.
    Tyson was signed cheap and showed much promise. He became a medical nightmare and we said so when you signed him. Everyone thought they was getting a fast, slick striker. How long did you have to wait again before he kicked a ball?
    Freeman, came through the ranks. He couldn't hold a regular first team spot and was farmed out to Nutts. He was under some illusion that he was already a superstar and some at DCFC believed him. Comments like "we've pinched your best player" were, quite frankly, laughable.
    You did the right thing and got rid of both of them.[/quote]

I thought they were both **** the first time I saw them in a Derby shirt, and I was right.

Fortunately, and partly thanks to Nigel your

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDerbySuperRams
    Permanent transfer... Slightly odd to me, we now only have one full back at the club... Will be announced in the next few days
    no point in keeping someone that clearly isn't good enough.

he has good feet but just can't defend, which is a bit of a problem for a defender.

I think he'd be better used as a right midfielder tbh but not our problem anymore.

Gone? Nope he's still at DCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheRams1884
    Gone? Nope he's still at DCFC.
    And you think that's good?

Perhaps this news explains the delay in announcing Thorne - the club want to soften the blow of us selling Freeman...

Quote Originally Posted by sheeeeeeeeeep
    quite right tricky he was the same as Tyson we made errors in signing both of them from you the club who signed them both in first place.
    Tyson was signed cheap and showed much promise. He became a medical nightmare and we said so when you signed him. Everyone thought they was getting a fast, slick striker. How long did you have to wait again before he kicked a ball?
    Freeman, came through the ranks. He couldn't hold a regular first team spot and was farmed out to Nutts. He was under some illusion that he was already a superstar and some at DCFC believed him. Comments like "we've pinched your best player" were, quite frankly, laughable.

I thought they were both **** the first time I saw them in a Derby shirt, and I was r

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    maybe Mac going radical and having 3 at the back???

Seriously though we must ahve tragtes for

RB
    CB/LB
    DM
    ST

at the very least - loans or perms, although its already been stated by the club
    that loans can be difficult to secure until late on.
    If, and when Thorne signs, then I think all those positions will only need back-up/youngster to challenge for a place. Yes, a real quality find could replace anyone, but I'm fairly pleased with what we have and don,t anticipate much more activity until we sell, and maybe even not then. Cover for Martin would be my first port of call.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggles
    maybe Mac going radical and having 3 at the back???

Seriously though we must ahve tragtes for

RB
    CB/LB
    DM
    ST

at the very least - loans or perms, although its already been stated by the club
    that loans can be difficult to secure until late on.
    If, and when Thorne signs, then I think all those positions will only need back-up/youngster to challenge for a place. Yes, a real quality find could replace anyone, but I'm fairly pleased with what we have and don,t anticipate much more activity until we sell, and maybe even not then. Cover for Martin would be my first port of call.[/quote]

Your spot on - Whitbread, Naylor, O'Brien and Barker provide defensive cover now we have signed Christie.

When Thorne is secured then with Coutts we will have adequate cover in midfield so a striker is the next target with the odd loan to provide cover or a different option.

Steve Nicholson responding to a fans concern about a lack of first team signings:

@Nealllarge @dcfcofficial don't worry, plenty of work going on behind the scenes by Mr Rush, I understand #dcfc

Quote Originally Posted by Popsidepaul

I thought they were both **** the fi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)