+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Europa League draw 2014/15 - Wales or Iceland for Motherwell

Europa League draw 2014/15 - Wales or Iceland for Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    I must read posts differently strivex goes on about people under estimating Icelandic football dad says we should not celebrate until job done but I have seen no posts saying we will win all people are saying is the tie is winnable Nd it is played bredablick and bear them their from Iceland but will be difficult
    My point still stands you said if we play well we can beat either of them... How do you know? Having seen neither play it's a big assumption and whether we beat bredablink is immaterial. That's like saying if you beat Partick Thistle you can beat Celtic.

I could get to Bangor, but not to Iceland, so, purely selfishly, I hope that Bangor City prevail. M74 / M6 / M56 then A55 dual carriageway all the way to Bangor. A tad easier than the expedition to Llanelli.
    That said, Sod's Law will no doubt prevail...

No, i certainly never said anything like that. You must have got your wire's crossed somewhere my friend.

Both teams are beatable so long as the team a. prepare correctly, b. get up to speed c. don't do anything stup'it!

Bangor are a semi-pro team who have won two European ties ever - one of them nearly 30 years ago. Despite our utterly chaotic start to that season, we still beat Llanelli comfortably because they were dismal.

We beat Breidablik home and away and comfortably beat Aalesund - on paper a much stronger team - when they were in the middle of their season, something that is a fair concern.

The Iceland team is getting much stronger but virtually none of their players are domestic based and according to Wikipedia, none of them play for Stjarnen. The same applies to the U21 team.

They've never played a European game before and in our recent exploits we've not lost to an unseeded team.

None of this evidence is conclusive by any means but it's what we have. Sure, there is a chance that like MyPa, Stjarnen have a couple of top internationals in the making - but that risk apart, there's nothing at all to suggest we shouldn't be favourites.

Wouldn't bet bad money on us in any cup tie...not that it would seriously bother me if we lost. European Football is utter p1sh , give me the domestic game any day of the week.

Not going to rise to the bait stevie x you are obviously lookin for some fish to catch as your comments in this post are so negative not worth replying to them in any detail

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Not going to rise to the bait stevie x you are obviously lookin for some fish to catch as your comments in this post are so negative not worth replying to them in any detail
    Not baiting anyone .. Is it possible for us to get fpucked out .. Yes it is ... Have I witnessed a single European game, bar our performance in Dortmund , that had me on the edge of my seat with excitement ? No I haven't. Have I seen a single game at Motherwell in Europe that wasn't a snore bore and over before it started ? No I haven't. I Really can't see what all the fuss is about for a tournament that all we ever do is bleat how much money it costs us we are never in a million years gonna make the group stages, unless of course except for those who go to all the away games for a European p1ss up but Christ I can go to the end of the street for a p1ss up... So for the life of me I can't see the square root of Fpuck all to get worked up about in European foo

Quote Originally Posted by steviex
    Not baiting anyone .. Is it possible for us to get fpucked out .. Yes it is ... Have I witnessed a single European game, bar our performance in Dortmund , that had me on the edge of my seat with excitement ? No I haven't. Have I seen a single game at Motherwell in Europe that wasn't a snore bore and over before it started ? No I haven't. I Really can't see what all the fuss is about for a tournament that all we ever do is bleat how much money it costs us we are never in a million years gonna make the group stages, unless of course except for those who go to all the away games for a European p1ss up but Christ I can go to the end of the street for a p1ss up... So for the life of me I can't see the square root of Fpu

aw come on, winning a cup will always beat a few euro ties, but FFS we have all had great trips as a result of qualifying for Europe, it is a lot of fun for a few days away with friends and family. I'm sure everybody at FP thinks the same.

Wales please, easier trip, better chance of winning and getting another trip

we are all going on a European tour...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)