+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: messenger of doom and gloom...

messenger of doom and gloom...

I was getting ready to watch a bit of the football last night, started to surf the channels to see what was on before the match started...

saw channel 4 were doing...'how to fix a football match', watched with interest.

it so dismayed me that I then watched...'benefits Britain, living on the dole', instead of watching the football.

these scumbag crooks should be given phucking long sentences, and never be allowed anywhere near any kind of sport as long as they live...vermin the lot of them.

ray...in Batley.

re: messenger of doom and gloom...

oh, and someone won £1600ish on a bet that Suarez would bite another player in the world cup...hmmm.

oh, and in one of the games last night both teams scored very early in each half...hmmm

wonder what spot bets went on to these...'gems'

just how clean is the world cup?

ray...in Batley.

Quote Originally Posted by redgreggie
    oh, and someone won i1600ish on a bet that Suarez would bite another player in the world cup...hmmm.

oh, and in one of the games last night both teams scored very early in each half...hmmm

wonder what spot bets went on to these...'gems'

just how clean is the world cup?

ray...in Batley.

Mate after watching that I wouldn't want to hazard a guess as to how clean ANY sport is...it's obvious that football is fixed at pretty much every level around the world at some point in the calendar.

When you look at freak results like Arsenal had last season, 6-0 against Chelsea & 5-1 against Liverpool with both games 4-0 at half time it makes you wonder, can you imagine the money to be made on Arsenal losing 4-0 at half time, to anybody...it's like we're just waiting for the bombshell.

Was 'benefits Britain, living on the dole' on channel 5 Ray? I think I watched that. Really opens your eyes to how people live off so little. I felt sorry for the old chap who was having to pay bedroom tax and the best luxury he could afford was pizza & chips one night a week

It's shocking that people like this can't find jobs. Yet the media is more obsessed with the ones who are *apparently* claiming thousands of pounds per month and not working.

Not looking good for my job at the minute. My contract is up in November and they've just done a recruitment freeze...yet there's enough money in the budget to sponsor a famous bike race this weekend! Watching these benefits programs doesn't fill me with confidence should the unthinkable happen and I need support from a system I have paid into since I was 18.

yes, it was on 5 Rotherham, as you say an eye-opener...

I have mixed feelings on the subject, I worked all my life, but I was fortunate enough to have lived in an era when work was plentiful, and I have to be grateful for that, having no real qualifications other than the willingness to work hard, be honest and accept responsibility, also I would always be thinking of ways to improve how we did work.

programmes show us the people that they want us to see to 'shock' us into an opinion, there were a couple on there one who brazenly said she wouldn't work, well as far as I'm concerned she deserves all the sanctions she gets, and the more like them, that can be weeded out of the system all well and good, then there'll be a bit more for the truly deserving.

thankfully I am now a pensioner, I can get by with what I get, my health issues mean I have to rely on grocery deliveries to my home as I can't get out, I pay some-one to do some cleaning at home for me, so everything costs me more, b

then I read about the cricketer that's just been given a lifetime ban

then I recall watching a snooker match the other day, one of the very top British players, missing shots like you'd never think he could miss, so I looked to see if there was anything on Parliament channel worth listening to

then I see how often English clubs are being sold...and to who

and then I read Aussies reply to my thread

then I see more sprinters being banned

then I read of more cyclists taking performance enhancing drugs

then I send a letter to my MP about these scandals, he passes it on to the Minister for Sport and I get a mealy mouthed reply from her

then I see our club changing hands...or is it

then I look at the lovely dark blue Delphinium sprouting up in my garden and I'm at peace again...

why the phuck don't the scum just...go

ray...in Batley.

and then I read about the revelations of match fixing in the world cup, as exposed by a german newspaper...is it Ghana, 4-0 and a man sent off...

then I re-read Aussies reply to my original post...

then I cast my eyes over my anti-snap locks...

and the lovely white Foxglove (digitalis) growing in my garden...and I'm at peace again...

not for too long I shouldn't wonder...

summat else'll come along to agitate the calm serenity that is the world we live in...but I'm content.

now I'll listen to a bit of Half Man Half Biscuit, Simon & Garfunkel, Lonnie Donnegan then a bit of Joanna Newsom...

oh, bliss.

ray...in Batley.

it's all about ...le tour...right now...

why so many cyclists, is it for the 'pedalling'...pun intended.

ray...in Batley.

Forgot to update you Ray.

I got a new - and more secure- job the other week.

If the threat to my job wasn't there, I probably wouldn't have gone looking for something else. As you said, it's surprising how things can change for the better.

great stuff, I'm chuffed for you Rotherham, really am.

I do feel for people of working age today, that want to work, I'm sure I must have said many times how fortunate I was...being born in the age where work was plentiful, and that I'm now retired.

great news though...never give up.

ray...in Batley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)