+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Costa Rica v England Match Thread

re: Costa Rica v England Match Thread

Clearly we are in a rebuild/re-invent phase, but i think that was the most static England side i have seen, running off the ball was odd, players ran into a clearly rehersed position, triangles usually, but then froze, played the ball but then stood still, weird to see, but worse easy to mark.
    Not a good game to watch, Costa Rica played for a draw at worse, but i did feel if they went behind they would have up'ed the tempo and likely scored.
    We may take a few years to develop, the euro's more a preperation tourney than a possability.

This is the sign I was talking about amongst the England fans earlier, it's folk like this I feel for!

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2yts9l1.jpg[/I

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65
    This is the sign I was talking about amongst the England fans earlier, it's folk like this I feel for!

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2yts9l1.jpg[/I
    We think it's steep following club football, but seeing that during the game brings it home. They kept singing throughout, but have had nothing back from the England team at all.

Wasn't able to watch this one, was there much to say for either side or was it just a stagnant game? I was hoping England would really be aggressive, but I can see Costa Rica just parking the bus to get the draw. England didn't play their best lineup either from the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf
    Wasn't able to watch this one, was there much to say for either side or was it just a stagnant game? I was hoping England would really be aggressive, but I can see Costa Rica just parking the bus to get the draw. England didn't play their best lineup either from the looks of it.

Maybe not the best line up whatever that is for England? But certainly the best result but we're going home with an almost as equally poor Italy!

Ive said on other threads that I find it appalling to see how much better teams like Italy & Uruguay do against England, the match really does mean something to them.

Look at their attitudes though against the so called lesser teams!!

Italy deserve all they get and Im glad to see Balotelli embarrassed himself with another inept performance.

As for our own game against Costa Rica, I cant really agree with how well Roy thinks we played. There were some good signs again but the final ball up front was pathetic as usual. And Ive got to say Sturridge was terrible today, he could and should have had a hat trick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)