+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crowd for Europa league game

re: Crowd for Europa league game - away game

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG
    My reason for raising the topic was that while we will have our hardcore support of 3500-4000 who will probably go to the game the opportunist fans will not be interested in watching Bangor or starjnar whether it is a euro game or not at these prices. I feel the club could have waited until after the draw to come up with prices depending on the opposition. What they going to charge in the next round if we advance? More? Better opposition generally brings a higher interest level and therefore people may be interested in paying a premium price. We are only charging i10 for the Fulham friendly who will be a better level of opposition whether it is a friendly or not. Casual supporters may well go to this game!
    Friendlies should be token i5. i10 is a joke. Neither team is actually trying.[/quote]

I get the impression some people just don't like football, A£10.00 to watch a game a

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG
    Friendlies should be token £5. £10 is a joke. Neither team is actually trying.
    Thats all very well but don't forget that Fulham will have demanded a hefty appearance payment - probably a 5 figure sum. That has to be paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    Friendlies should be token £5. £10 is a joke. Neither team is actually trying.
    Thats all very well but don't forget that Fulham will have demanded a hefty appearance payment - probably a 5 figure sum. That has to be paid for.[/quote]
    Are you sure about that, surely they need warm up games to. Demanded, that's a bit strong, and exactly how much will they have demanded?

Friendlies should be token i5. i10 is a joke. Neither team is actually trying.
    Thats all very well but don't forget that Fulham will have demanded a hefty appearance payment - probably a 5 figure sum. That has to be paid for.[/quote]

I doubt that very much the vast majority of English teams that pre season north of the border do so at their own request to get match fitness up. They aint coming up here to do us or anyone else they play a favour. English teams actively seek out pre season friendlies in Scotland as part of their prepared build up. When we play pre season friendlies away do you seriously think we get paid anything other than expenses.

We as a club can't afford to chuck 5 figure sums at clubs just so we can have a run around in the sun. If that were the case all our pre season games would be against diddy scottish clubs. Can you imagine the outcry that we sell Arnier f

Quote Originally Posted by "firparkloony"23:26 on 27 Jun
    Thats all very well but don't forget that Fulham will have demanded a hefty appearance payment - probably a 5 figure sum. That has to be paid for.
    Are you sure about that, surely they need warm up games to. Demanded, that's a bit strong, and exactly how much will they have demanded?[/quote]

Yes. I don't know the exact sum but it will be substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by "Wellup4it"23:26 on 27 Jun
    Are you sure about that, surely they need warm up games to. Demanded, that's a bit strong, and exactly how much will they have demanded?[/quote]

Yes. I don't know the exact sum but it will be substantial.[/quote]

Who is telling you that we will pay Fulham a substantial Sum?

I have a mate who works for East Fife and they aren't paying Fulham a substantial fee for their pre season friendly against them so what makes you think we will?

I'm afraid whoever is giving you your information is talking tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

I have a mate who works for East Fife and they aren't paying Fulham a substantial fee for their pre season friendly against them so what makes you think we will?
    I have a mate who works for Motherwell.

I have a mate who works for Motherwell.[/quote]

Well tell him to phone East Fife and ask them how to arrange friendlies without getting screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex

I have a mate who works for Motherwell.[/quote]

Well tell him to phone East Fife and ask them how to arrange friendlies without getting screwed.[/quote]
    Not only that, if memory serves me correctly if a player gets sent off/cautioned in a pre season friendly, with a team from the same assn. then the cards follow on into the season, that's why teams play other Assn teams.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)