+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Brook Do...

re: The Brook Do...

Quote Originally Posted by 521buc
    Jimmy the band aren't an disco band, they dee covers, stuff like Bob Marley, Van Morrison, The Pogues and stuff, but also some traditional folk, blues and country stuff as well. Then there's an Irish rebel song or two (2) thrown in the mix as well (one off of them's from Dublin).

Traditional music I like that's more good news.. Oh Irish rebel song best no tell Rab..[/quote]

I of booked them specifically for Rab mate, what with that and the Catholic church right opposite, he ought to feel at home.

Quote Originally Posted by moorlad
    Jimmy the band aren't an disco band, they dee covers, stuff like Bob Marley, Van Morrison, The Pogues and stuff, but also some traditional folk, blues and country stuff as well. Then there's an Irish rebel song or two (2) thrown in the mix as well (one off of them's from Dublin).
    Do they do owt decent for us younger listeners?[/quote]

They divvent dee none off of that dreadful bang bang music youse hear coming out off of nightclubs, if that's what youse mean.[/quote]

No

By the way, when youse get to the top off of Dent Fell youse can see for miles in all directions, even though it isert the biggest hill in the Lake District by an long way, it is fairly isolated so there's very few other tall hills. So youse can see the Isle off of Man quite easily, and southern scothland one way. The the other direction youse can see Scafell.

There's an Wainwright cairn on the top off of it, 'cos it's the first hill on his coast to coast walk (The Brook gets an few off of them cost to coast ****s gan in). If I'm honest they* of ruined the look off of it in the past thirty (30) years or so, by planting an forest on the side facing the Moor. They* say it is to stop erosion, but I divvent believe that, the ****ing geet ****e thing to me is they* of planted the ****s in straight lines.

Well I've never been to the Isle of Man so I will be able to see it whi

I used to gan up there regularly Jimmy, that's how I know it so well, it were an ace place to gan. Before the forest were planted there were three (3) distinct small woods running up the west side off of the hill, the wildlife there were geet ace to be honest. Particularly birds with Barn owls, Tawny owls, buzzards, ravens and all sorts. But also badgers, red squirrels, deer and geet loads off of foxes. Then youse also got lizards and snakes as well.

I used to gan up there regularly Jimmy, that's how I know it so well, it were an ace place to gan. Before the forest were planted there were three (3) distinct small woods running up the west side off of the hill, the wildlife there were geet ace to be honest. Particularly birds with Barn owls, Tawny owls, buzzards, ravens and all sorts. But also badgers, red squirrels, deer and geet loads off of foxes. Then youse also got lizards and snakes as well.

Aye Adders are great they don't bother you though.. I heard they are decreasing in numbers which isn't good.

I ofn't seen one in years to be honest Jimmy and there used to be loads off of them, we also used to see grass snakes by the old railway line (now an cycle track). They may still be around in places, but I ofn't gone looking in recent years like we did as kids.

Funny old thing Jimmy, our kids were absolutely never interested in any off of that, they'd of much rather sat at home on their game boys (or whatever the trend were). When I were an kid, youse couldert keep me in the house, we couldert get ours out.

There are actually so many ace places to gan, geet close to our house, and I reckon they've hardly been to any off of them unless we've forced them. Moorlass and me will still of the odd wander along the old road to Ennerdale from time to time, ace in August/September time when the cob nuts are coming out, also just this time off of year when there are loads off of wild raspberries.

The ****ing kids wouldert even gan to the ****ing beach, or gan down the river or owt. Let alone climbing up an hill.

Hugs? I'm sure Jimmy would give Paula one.

Would all the so called clique gang members end up hugging themselves ;-)[/quote]

Youse could turn up and see Acido. Nee clique here, and there'll be nee hugging.[/quote]

Nahh I couldnt make it kid. I dont know where Cambridge is for a start.

Dont they play in boats and lose a lot to a team call Oxsomething ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)