+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it all bad?

re: Is it all bad?

Are we growing?

Let's see who we sign in the next two transfer windows, the clubs intent will surely be shown by the quality of player that comes in.

As it is now apparent,Pochettino, Lallana and Shaw all have the same agent company, the question to be asked is how many of the players agents also work for said company. Why is it only since Cortese has left have the agents now become the powerhouse? Do executive Chairman have agents?
    Allegedly there are also reports questioning the ethical behaviour of said agents.
    We have been here before. The club will continue and this season may be a step or two backwards, but the club will carry on and grow. Much to the annoyance of the lot dowm the other end of the league.
    The on the front of the shirt is more important then the one on the back.

[quote="Pentridge"]It is bad all-round for Southampton and for English football.

It is clear now that provincial clubs can aspire to no higher than eighth. Should any club threaten to exceed that then the Champions League clubs will prise the leading players from those clubs- whether it's Liverpool's bulk buying from Southampton or say Scott Parker going from Charlton to Chelsea or West Ham losing Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole and co.

Who benefits from Southampton's academy? Everyone apart from Southampton's trophy cabinet. Financially enriched yes. Is that enough? Shaw is 18. Could he really not have stayed put for another year or two, not least to glean advice from a manager who was once a world-class player? Lallana may have been there for plenty of years, but it is only this season he has grabbed rave reviews. Did the club force them into transfer requests?

For Southampton, what message does it send to the

[quote="Pentridge"]It is bad all-round for Southampton and for English football.

It is clear now that provincial clubs can aspire to no higher than eighth. Should any club threaten to exceed that then the Champions League clubs will prise the leading players from those clubs- whether it's Liverpool's bulk buying from Southampton or say Scott Parker going from Charlton to Chelsea or West Ham losing Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole and co.

Who benefits from Southampton's academy? Everyone apart from Southampton's trophy cabinet. Financially enriched yes. Is that enough? Shaw is 18. Could he really not have stayed put for another year or two, not least to glean advice from a manager who was once a world-class player? Lallana may have been there for plenty of years, but it is only this season he has grabbed rave reviews. Did the club force them into transfer requests?

For Southampton, what message does it send to the

Without demeaning or trivialising a very serious and deadly disease, especially as my wife has only recently been diagnosed with it, SFC seems to be suffering from the footballing equivalent of cancer.

Cancer just needs one dead cell (Cortese) to mutate and you have the start of a tumour (Pochettino).
    For months, like with cancer, you see signs that something isn't quite right but by the time you discover the cause of the problem, (Pochettino) it has already spread to other areas (Shaw/Lallana/Lovren/Schneiderlin).

At first you go through denial, then you go through acceptance, with the hope that the tumour may be benign. When the tumour is found to be malignant, you then hope corrective action can be taken, to reduce and remedy the problem (remission), but always have, in your mind, that the only cure could be to surgically remove it, before it can spread further and destroy the body (club).

At the moment, I believe the club is carrying out surgery, with the intention of putting th

Baz my sympathy's for what must be a very trying and perspective filled time.

I thought Matt's post was spot on tbh & he is correct. Forget the rivalry, its a bit **** when you build something & suddenly its taken away. The money is fine, probably far more than they're worth (I come from the generation when no player was worth a million)but does it guarantee replacements of the same calibre.
    If she's going to sell @ the end of this after then I suppose I'd be wondering where it would leave you. If you're still in the PL then you'll be absolutely fine, in the championship-well there's some right lunatics willing to take on clubs there( as well as in the PL).
    Certain clubs have outgrown the PL & I wish they'd f off to a Euro Super League as they keep harping on about, but I doubt that would stop them raiding clubs.
    Fiddly-why do you do it, if you are indeed a Warrant Officer then you must be the most childish one in the British Armed Forces, you should be ashamed.

Baz, thoughts with you & your wife Mate. Very sorry to hear that. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by theyak2
    Baz my sympathy's for what must be a very trying and perspective filled time.
    This. Heart goes out to you Baz mate. Be strong and here's to an eventual positive outcome. Sod football.

Football is insignificant escapism compared with the real life experiences that we ordinary people have to deal with.

Best wishes to you and your wife Baz. Stay strong sir.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    Football is insignificant escapism compared with the real life experiences that we ordinary people have to deal with.

Best wishes to you and your wife Baz. Stay strong sir.
    I would echo those words.

All the best to you and yours, Baz.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast