+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sons teacher refusing to accept New York!!!

O/T Sons teacher refusing to accept New York!!!

Sorry guys bit of a rant:

Yesterday at my 7 year olds school (in Wakefield)they have a non uniform day where Kids could go a sportspeople, superheroes etc...

My son goes in his Rotherham kit (tells his glory supporting Messi/Ronaldo fanboys hes Alex Revell so proud).

Anyways in class they are asked to talk about football stadiums and my son says New York naturally... well Mrs Teacher says no that isnt a stadium and refuses to put it up on the board upsetting my son after he tries to argue it. Now I know were by no means a BIG club but she put Elland road up there (same division of course) Should I leave it or say something I mean its upsetting for him really.

Any advice would be appreciated cheers and sorry for long post.

re: O/T Sons teacher refusing to accept New York!!!

Speaking from past experience relatively small things can have a lasting, psychological effect on young children so it's better to address them early rather than risk them festering. Whether this is such an instance is impossible to say but to help take away his obvious distress I'd mention it to the teacher, hoping she'll accept her mistake. An apology in front of the class would be the best way forward but failing that if she could take him aside and apologise personally I'm sure that would help.

Definitely have a word. Sounds like the educator needs educating

Another plan would be to get on the board of governors then slowly elect more millers onto the board then when teacher vacancies arise you can employ millers supporting teachers and get Rotherham Uniteds history put on the curriculum, job done.

Yes, you should say something. Children, especially in school, should not be told they're wrong when they are right, especially in front of their class mates.

Quote Originally Posted by sunburntmiller
    Sorry guys bit of a rant:

Yesterday at my 7 year olds school (in Wakefield)they have a non uniform day where Kids could go a sportspeople, superheroes etc...

My son goes in his Rotherham kit (tells his glory supporting Messi/Ronaldo fanboys hes Alex Revell so proud).

Anyways in class they are asked to talk about football stadiums and my son says New York naturally... well Mrs Teacher says no that isnt a stadium and refuses to put it up on the board upsetting my son after he tries to argue it. Now I know were by no means a BIG club but she put Elland road up there (same division of course) Should I leave it or say something I mean its upsetting for him really.

Any advice would be appreciated cheers and sorry for long post.
    Being snubbed/humiliated in front of your class can have lasting effects plus if the teacher isn't addressed your Son may go through his school years there thinking she may have a hold on him

send the bitch a photo

edit .. print this and send it - view external link

I fear that this traumatic incident could have an everlasting effect on your son.

its is very likely that he will develop dysxleia and ADHD but at least this will show the world that he is actually far more intelligent than the rest of us.

i do know a similar case where a young lad had an almost identical experience and he now throws himself on the floor in Lidl supermarkets shouting 'my legs dont move' and whistling a famous Sinatra tune!

I would book him in for statementing immediately as this will open many doors to further education and buy some Ritalin from the nearest Oxbridge student to treat his iatrogenic condition.

i am sorry to here of this dreadful but far too common incident but hope that my advice will help your son through his mental turmoil.

The teacher in question needs to join her many colleagues on the sick with whiplash or post traumatic stress disorder...failing this she could run off to Paris with a ****age pupil for French lessons

maybe she was a Bradford or orient fan still in mourning ,get your son a big poster of nys and tell him to stand in front of class and show everyone ,and complain to the headmaster about what happened as well

I am a teacher and would urge you to take it up with her and make sure it is sorted fully to your satisfaction. She should set an example and apologise in front of the class.

I'd also at the end of the school year send her a cheeky thank you card with a picture of NYS on the front.

I'm really annoyed that she didn't have the nounce to go online and check it for the sake of 2 mins! It's common sense and a basic rule of teaching to check stuff like that if you're unsure- that said it could have been an honest mistake.

Let us know what happens

...or you could just go for the public execution.

Can't have poor little Johnny being traumatised.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast