+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 92 Club

92 Club

How many have you completed and what is the best and worst grounds following Pompey?
    I am at 55 grounds, best being Bradford as 2 key matches with great results, worst Sillyhampton of course with a special mention to Coventry

re: 92 Club

Layer Rd was the worst I've ever been to. The view at Cambridge United (4 days after our Villa Park semi final loss) was dreadful. Happy memories of The Dell as the last time I ever went we won 2.0

Have been to Wrexham's Racecourse and that is pretty dire. Remember Seamer Road (Scarborough) being not too hot either. The Shay was not brilliant in the 60s, but may have improved.

Nearer to home, Sutton Utd's ground, where I used to do athletics in the 70s, has been a grim memory. We used to do weight training (Commonwealth Gold medallists and allsorts cheek by jowl) in a little hut which now is condemned and used for pigeons! And when you watched the football, you stood on a pile of old railway sleepers.

Out of the current 92 I've done 80 due to Aldershot, Bristol Rovers and Torquay dropping out of the league.

The grounds I've got left:

Luton
    Cambridge United
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Chesterfield
    Walsall
    Gillingham
    Port Vale
    Bradford
    Rotherham
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Huddersfield
    Blackpool

Should do the top 3 this season, then it's a case of cup draws and going back up the leagues for the other 9.

Best ground I've been to was a full Bramall Lane back in the Prem. Fans created a great atmosphere and the ground itself is a nice mixture of traditional and modern.

Worst is probably Exeter simply because their away end is dreadful. A shallow open terrace with deathtrap stairs to the shed bogs. Heard the seats in the old stand are awful too.

Middlesbrough is also awful for the opposite reasons. Huge soulless bowl with no atmosphere and no pubs nearby. Also managed to monsoon there in August too FFS!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)