+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death of the universe

Death of the universe

Within a few trillion years the universe will go out.Complete darkness.Cold and eventually decay and emptiness.The universe has consumed all the available fuel. Interestingly the last surviving element will be radiation.

Now from here the thinking by physicists is that it is for infinity. Cold empty space.

But. Isn't this how we started out. Empty dark space until the big bang?

So, what if the formation and destruction of the universe is also a continuous cycle.

Multiple big bangs over hundreds of trillions of years.

Perhaps the history of everything is much, much, deeper.

re: Death of the universe

I find this subject this fascinating, but as someone who does not have a mathematical and scientific brain, I always struggle when trying to read about/get my head around it.

Weren't there a couple of scientists a few years ago which proposed the possibility of multiple big bangs? Something to do with the dark energy being Einstein's weakest theory?

I always struggle with the concept of something from nothing. I'm kind of attracted to the idea of no beginning no end, which of course,is equally mind challenging ...

I can't offer much in the way of scientific debate, but, for sure, I think there are a whole lot more locks to be opened before our beautiful universe reveals its biggest mystery ...

Just keep eating beans, that will be plenty more fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie
    I find this subject this fascinating,
    That's two of us then

The something from nothing explosion is a fly in the ointment for the big bang for sure.You need ingredients for an explosion. The no beginning and end idea is interesting but the universe is traveling in a forward direction. Galaxies are all on the move and they must have got their forward thrust somehow.

I think we struggle to wrap our heads around the shear vastness of the universe. It really is mind boggling. Can you imagine the diversity of life that surely must exist due to the shear volume of Galaxies and the billions upon billions of suns.

I want to see it all.

"I think we struggle to wrap our heads around the shear vastness of the universe. It really is mind boggling."

It certainly is. If we think though that it is not that long since we mapped just our own (relatively) tiny planet, then it is not surprising that we struggle to comprehend the magnitude of the universe.

"Can you imagine the diversity of life that surely must exist due to the shear volume of Galaxies and the billions upon billions of suns."

On a clear night I love to look up at the stars and try and imagine. I'm sure its so much more than my little mind can ever dream of.

"I want to see it all. "

Me too.

Hire a UFO for the weekend then oz. Thats if you hold a current UFO licence though obviously.

If any of you look through a telescope and find a white dwarf star, then you're in for a treat. The white dwarf is the equivalent of the big bang. It's a dying star that releases hydrogen, causes a thermal reaction, turns red, then explodes(if there is enough density in the star). If it doesn't explode it just cools down and becomes a black star. The supanova is pretty much a big bang, type 1a is the dangerous one. Once that cools down it forms the nebula(leftovers from the explosion; dust, other things like oxygen, helium, carbon, zinc. If our sun becomes a white dwarf star, we're ****ed

Learned a lot from those two science demos. the potassium and water experiment and also the sodium and water experiment. Notice when the hydrogen is released it creates a bright light. Similar thing with the white dwarf stars.

No big bang guys! it is now classified as 'expansion' the universe we think we know exploded to the size of a marble, ever since then it has expanded, how much further will it go or has gone without us knowing?

We know nothing!

You're so right, Dave.

The infinite possibilities are expanding at a much greater rate than our knowledge. We know less as time goes on.

Bembo, Nebula's must be one of the most beautiful charismatic creations in the universe. When you see pictures from Hubble showing new stars forming from the tips of a Nebula dust cloud do you then appreciate their shear vastness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)