+ Visit Oldham Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sports Direct deal (great news but leave stadium name alone)

Sports Direct deal (great news but leave stadium name alone)

I know this site is on a permanent graveyard shift these days, but I have just read about the big Sports Direct deal.

It is the biggest commercial deal in the clubs history, and I am genuinely thrilled about that, and it's great news for the club going forward.

I have got a problem however with the stadium being renamed Sports Direct.com Park. It's Boundary Park and has been for over 100 years. Renaming it like this is just about someone else's ego to me, like that bloke who changed Cardiff's colours from blue to red, just because he could. However, no one is going to call it Sports Direct.com Park anyway, it sounds stupid. It will always be BP. You can't just change it's - it is what it is.

Any thoughts anyone?

Sports Direct deal (great news but leave stadium name alone)

I agree with you NOSTANTIONS but whatever it says in the newspaper it will always be Boundary Park.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)